Question about my Cpu max Oc abilties

blakeyon2asd

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
Does anyone know what the make over clock for the Amd Phenom 2 x4 995 black edition is, when it's in the GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P. I have everything in a hades gaming case so I'm not really woried about it over heating because of the massive amount of air that the 5 case fans put out.

Solution

Its a new AMD chip thats not currently available to most people that is supposed to be massively overclockable

blakeyon2asd

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
Yeah my dad owns the largest computer store in our area, but he said he got it only because he has a deal with amd but yeah I tried it on that motherboard and it wouldn't work so no over clocking yet I'll just have to wait until they start making compatible motherboards

blakeyon2asd

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
Yeah I was lucky my dad own a pretty well know computer store in NC he also said that gigabyte is going to send him a board that they are coming out with just for the 995 but I got my dad to help me over clock it on the GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P AM3 DDR3 motherboard and it's running pretty steady at 4.31 but that with a multi compatible board and a fan heat sink I can wait till he gets the new board and I can go ahead and get it up to into the 4.8 or 4.9 with a water cooling system. I'll put a video on youtube when I get everything built and over clocked.

TRENDING THREADS