Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Titanium

scooby_r

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Anyone of you guys using this sound card? Am currently using onboard Realtek audio and running vista32. I've been seeing people posting on issues relating to vista32 drivers. Is that still a problem now?

ooo

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2006
You can search for Daniel kawakami drivers that enable many sounds options of this card and others effects and limitations that creative put in their products...good luck...

scooby_r

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Which drivers should i be using for creative x-fi titanium?

SBL_VTDRV_LB_2_10_0001A.exe (Sound Blaster Live! series)
P17X_PCDVT_LB_1_04_0079.exe (Audigy Value/SE/LS, Live! 24-bit and X-Fi Xtreme Audio)
SBAX_PCDVT_LB_2_15_0004EQ.exe (Audigy series)

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
How is the Titanium Fatality card with Vista? Im about to build a i7 gaming system and I was going to get this sound card. I saw that it's having issues with Vista as well as the Auzentech cards.

uncle_ben

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2005
Only PCI card might have bus related issues (bus latency timings) and this is typically what people suffer from when snaps cracles or pops appear. Real PCI-e cards such as Titanium do not have this issue because the bus is not shared. Latest drivers are rock solid, this is not only my experience, see this thread at hardforum:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1350668

I heard people have problems with Titanium for another reason though - namely there weren't any drivers on the Creative website. So if you lost CD you were in trouble. That was so about a year ago but since then a few revisions of drivers were made available.

Actually, there has been confirmed SCP with the Titanium; I've even replicated it on a X58 rig I built for a friend.

Besides, ASUS Xonars are better all around card; I'd even take a Xonar over a Titanium for gaming at this point, especially since EAX is more or less irrelevent at this point in time.

leon2006

Distinguished
I use XFI-Titanium in my PC wthout issues. The sound card drives my 7.1 receiver. I use it for gaming, playback for MP3, Audio-CDS, Blue-Ray & HD-DVD. I run on Vista-Ultimate-64.

halcyon

Splendid

I've used the Xonar but have had X-Fi's since their inception...and that's what I'm using now. I like the sound and the driver's interface. The current drivers work well in XP, Vista32&64, and Windows7, IME. I'd recommend the Titanium.

I have the Z-5500's...gave them to my wife. They're fine for personal surround...just don't expect audiophile quality out of them, their pretty directional so they don't really have room filling sound. ...but they are enjoyable and have a lot of bass. I've said it before and I'll say it again...the Z-5500's sub can kill the bacteria on your walls. A lot of fun for gaming, just not the very best for music. They do however, compare fine to other PC speakers and the mini-type receiver offers a lot of utility...and heck, has a DD decoder. Good bang for the buck, just not for the audio purist.

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Thanx Halycon. Im stuck between the Titanium, Forte and D2X. I read a lot of reviews and there are gushers for the Forte and D2x and a few reviews saying the titanium is good.

For anyone: What's low profile? I saw it on the Forte?