i am really desperate to do this

I have
INTEL Q8200 (cooler master v8 cooler)
XFX 750i SLI
XFX 4870 1GB
2GB CORSAIR RAM
550 watt power supply at 40a 12 volts

the problem is i have never been able to overclock my pc even 1 mhz

when i raise the fsb and reboot the bios show that cpu is overclocked at 2.52 ghz from 2.33 ghz.but when i reach windows it shows the same 2.33 ghz....i have not been able to find c1e or speedsptep in bios.alithough i found eist which i diabled and also i found spread spectrum i dont no what this is

i tried servral combintions of voltage not a luck a single time.there r 5 diffrent times of voltages

cpu
fsb
sb core
nt voltage
ram coltage

how do i varry these

but but but but but but but but but

when a few days ago when i had given hope i just tried 1554 fsb and some voltage chnges the cpu was at 2.7 ghz and when i got to windows it was at 2.7 i was going crazy and so happy .i ran every strees test and it was perfect.but i restared the computer and it never did i reseted the cmos and am now on stock speed again the same settings never worked agin.

the computer wont even boot is i raise the fsb a bove 1446

pls help guys

More about : problem

a b K Overclocking
June 28, 2010 2:18:13 AM

What tool (program) did you use to do your OC?

You must do the OC in the BIOS, and then save the BIOS. Then it will reboot with the new OCed settings. Also, please keep in mind, when you attempt any kind of OC, the first step is to set the RAM ratio tot he lowest setting; generally 8x. In other words, underclock the RAM, and then start your OC of the CPU.

As the bus speed increases, the RAM speed will also increase. When you attain your desired level of OC, check and make sure that the RAM speed is well within the manufacturer's recommendations. A slight underclock of RAM speed is fine.

Now save all your settings (BIOS), re-boot, and your new OC settings will be in place.

This is a very brief explanation.
m
l
June 28, 2010 3:59:06 AM

Isn't that because of intels version of CnQ?
m
l
Related resources
September 25, 2010 11:50:02 AM

Ubrales said:
What tool (program) did you use to do your OC?

You must do the OC in the BIOS, and then save the BIOS. Then it will reboot with the new OCed settings. Also, please keep in mind, when you attempt any kind of OC, the first step is to set the RAM ratio tot he lowest setting; generally 8x. In other words, underclock the RAM, and then start your OC of the CPU.

As the bus speed increases, the RAM speed will also increase. When you attain your desired level of OC, check and make sure that the RAM speed is well within the manufacturer's recommendations. A slight underclock of RAM speed is fine.

Now save all your settings (BIOS), re-boot, and your new OC settings will be in place.

This is a very brief explanation.

i over clock through bios and my ram is already at the lowest 800 bus...do i need to mess with ram timing
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 25, 2010 3:36:50 PM

No - don't change the RAM timings - the RAM timings are already optimized by the manufacturer.

Sometimes, as you overclock the CPU, a slight tweak to the voltage (increase) will be necessary. Under NO circumstances should you increase the CPU voltage over the manufacturer's recommended limits.
m
l
!