Cooler for CPU + case

powerfuel

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
Here's my new system (most shipped)

Back ordered
This product has been back ordered and will be shipped as soon as we receive additional stock. You will not be charged any additional shipping for this item.

1 Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced ATX Mid Tower Case Black 4X5.25 1X3.5EXT 6X3.5INT *No PSU* 1
2 Hannspree HANNS-G HH-281HPB 27.5IN LCD Monitor Black 1920X1200 800:1 3MS VGA 2XHDMI
3 XFX Radeon HD 5850 XXX Edition 755MHZ 1GB GDDR5 4.5GHZ 2XDVI HDMI Display Port PCI-E Video Card

*Changed the 5850 XXX for a 5970 XFX (412$) as the last time they had 5850 XXX was in april :eek:
but I am wondering if it can go into my actual back ordered case *sigh*?!

If yes then which fan would you add to the Megahalem?
NCIX's fan page: http://ncix.com/products/index.php?minorcatid=1164&subminorcatid=93

I was thinking at the Scythe Kaze for the case or even for the CPUs cooler, but after reading the customer reviews it seems that this fan is extremly noisy. I am putting that computer in my bedroom and I don't want something noisy (doesn't care if it's while gaming).

So what is you guys suggestion?

I can put up to 10 fans into that case. I was thinking at adding two at the bottom and two onto the cpu cooler (one push, other suck).

Budget for cpu cooler + fans is 100$ (so 40$ for fans MAX)

Edit: I am a big noob with fan and all that stuff, so if you have any suggestion, feel free to help :)
The reason I want to put the fans (suck) at the bottom is because the cooler air is there and there's already top fans provided with the case (one or two 120mm, can't remember)...

Here is a great case review/overview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGvBjEmXJnI if you don't know where is the fan (time is 3 mins for fans location).

Shipped

1. LITEON 24X24 DVDRW SATA BLACK 1

3. Intel Core i5 750 Quad Core Processor Lynnfield LGA1156 2.66GHZ 8MB Cache Retail Box

4. G.SKILL F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO Eco PC3-12800 4GB 2X2GB DDR3-1600 CL7-8-7-24 1.35V Memory Kit

5. ASUS P7P55D-E LGA1156 P55 DDR3 2PCI-E16 3PCI-E1 2PCI CrossFireX USB3.0 SATA 6GB Motherboard

6. Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB SATA2 7200RPM 32MB Cache 3.5IN Hard Drive OEM

powerfuel

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
Wait... What is the problem with megahalem to change it?
Secondly, isn't 57.7 CFM a bit low (just to know). From what I've read you need a good pressure for CPU fan as the air is blocked by the cooler itself.

Are you able to tell me if any of these cooler may go into my case?

Thanks for futher help & reading :)

EDIT: if it wasn't clear, I prefer bying parts from NCIX.com as I have already an order there (with free shipping). xD

Drakoes

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2009
26744_2.jpg

(from the product page) Those mean you can put on a fan clip from the heatsink just fine, so they'll perfectly work on a case too. I personally would find them a little too noisy for my liking, but other than that, they're pretty awesome. Don't mind me, but I'd go for the S-Flex version though (http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=17749&vpn=SFF21F&manufacture=Scythe).

powerfuel

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
Do you think these would let me push my 750 past 4GHz (pull-push on megahalem)?

Also, I don't know if you understood me well, but I meant heat sink when I was talking about cooler.

Do these heat sink (megahalem and your suggestion) would fit into my case?

What is the difference between your suggestion and megahalem?

From what I understand: for the pull-push fans (those going on the heat sink), you would put the S-Flex.

If I want to add 1 or two fans into my case to pull air at the bottom of the case, which one would you use (airflow-noise ratio mainly)?

I don't want something noisy, but I want to overclock my cpu over 4GHz which is possibly impossible ;)
With that in mind, what is the best way to go?

Sorry for the huge amount of question, but there's like too much variables for me. Most user tend to sacrify their well being to get more performance while some seem to accept the lack of performance because of the low noise level. I just want to know if my projets are realistic.

powerfuel

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
So far I think I'll be going with the venomous as the reviews seems to be favorable (something like 2-3C better).
The fan suggestion looks also good. I'll try to do some research to understand what they mean by static pressure and all of that stuff :sarcastic: ...