Will linksys wmp11 work with windows 7?

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Windows 7
  • Linksys
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
November 4, 2009 4:56:08 PM

I just bought an eMachines ET1331-02 desktop PC. I installed the Linksys WMP11 wireless card and ran the setup disc. When I rebooted the PC I got an error message that there was a missing file "W32N50.dll". I've reinstalled the software and tried to do a driver update, but problem persists. Can anyone suggest the reason and/or a solution

Thanks

More about : linksys wmp11 work windows

February 8, 2010 7:40:07 PM

I don't think WMP11 will work with Windows 7. The newest driver I could find is from 2003 and it doesn't seem to be working. Win7 recognizes the adapter, but after installing the drivers I came up with an error message (but it didn't specify which files were missing. I got the "W32N50.dll" file you mentioned, but it still didn't work. My suggestion would be to go buy a new PCI or USB wireless adapter.
m
l
April 26, 2010 10:56:13 PM

it works. I just installed WMP11 on 3 PCs, they all work. Win7 Will install the wireless card driver by itselfe but may ask for dirver or won't connect to the wireless router. update the drive from a CD or downloawn from linksys( the laterst one is 2003), still can't connect to the router at this time. restart the PC, rollback the driver or uninstall the card ( make sure remove the driver too) from the card property. restart the PC , sit back & relax, let the Win7 install its native wireless driver, it should show as Broadcom 802.11b network adapter. sounds crazy but works for me.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
November 24, 2010 3:17:42 AM

The adapter will not work with Windows 7. Option is to buy a new adapter or go back to Windows XP. I will install it on my wife's computer which runs Windows XP Professional SP3. She doesn't like W7. Neither do I. Good thing my company supplies Windows 7, so I didn't have to pay for a crappy OS.

BTW. You could run almost anything on Linux. If the manufacturer doesn't have a driver for a device, some one else made one (or is totally willing to). Linux is also free.
m
l

Best solution

November 24, 2010 6:19:47 AM

Right click setup file for wmp driver select properties and click on compatability tab and put a checkmark

in run this program in compatability mode for and choose windows xp sp3 from the drop down menu click apply and o then try running setup again.
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
November 30, 2010 8:08:22 AM

Best answer selected by fihart.
m
l
!