Intel X25-M G2 vs OCZ Vertex 2

Morgoth314

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
Hi all,

I've been trying to decide between getting an Intel X25-M G2 and a OCZ Vertex 2 for my new computer and seemed to find on various forums that the general consensus is that Intel SSDs are better. However, I just found this direct comparison between the two which seems to tell a different story:

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/125?vs=152

It looks to me like the Vertex 2 beat the X25-M in every category but 4kb read speed.

Does anyone have hands on experience with both or feel confident that they can comment on this?

Thanks for the help.

The reason the Intel is well regarded has a lot to do with that 4KB read speed. The big benefit of an SSD is their very fast access time - that's what speeds up application startup and booting. That 4KB random read speed is the best measure of access time and the most important metric for most general performance for most users.

Morgoth314

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010

So for someone who was looking for a speedy SSD to be used as an OS/program drive you would recommend the X25-M for its 18% faster 4kb read speed in spite of the Vertex 2's significant advantages in every other area?