Overclocking e7200

mjsharma

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
hi guys...
currently i've oc my e7200 to 3.0ghz have done till 3.5 without changing the voltage.
but now my ac isnt working due to some problem with it.. at 3.5ghz its temp is below 50 in full load after running prime95 for 30 min wen in ac with room temp 18..
my doubt is can i take it to above 4.0 ghz with or without over volting but using my same old stock intel cooler... but in the same condition i used for 3.5.. or should i get a new coooler for that??
ohh..i forgot.. i dnt use a cabinet :p

Mugz

Splendid
Oct 27, 2006
At some point you're going to have to boost the voltage. That's the point where you ditch the stock cooler and fit something bigger or wetter.

mjsharma

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
so wat would be a gud cooler for my cpu...since room temps are very low is there any need to go wid very big coolers....i mean a medium range cooler will be enough rite?

Intel stock cooler with 4.0 GHz OC will create instability. Cabinet/case or bread-boarded system will not make much of a difference in lowering the CPU temps; at best, the reduction will be marginal because of heat transfer characteristics.

Without an increase in voltage, the CPU will become unstable (4 GHz), and increasing the voltage will raise the temps - no question about this. No, the stock cooler will not be adequate for this type of OC. How much OC will the CPU with the stock cooler handle? Only experimentation will tell. My guess - not 4.0GHz

Hope this answers your concerns

arctic cooling freezer pro 7 rev 2 cheap as hell got me to 4ghz @ 1.387xxV