SEAGATE BARRACUDA SD 15 WRECKAGE - Failed the sequence of last email

Last response: in Storage
Share
July 7, 2010 3:49:01 PM

:D  Substitutes the last post.

Hello,

What I find most incomprehensible with SEAGATE action in this process is that after seven days of sending the disk to Seagate, and after more than eight emails and RMA's,SEAGATE have not checked what is the cause of the disk breakdown.

Do more, do more quickly, Check the firmware then we talk.

Best Regards,

Bernardo Costa

> Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 14:52:06 +0000
> From: discsupport@seagate.com
> To: bdiasdacosta@hotmail.com
> Subject: RE: Regarding Your Seagate Case # 01051165 [ ref:00D0hhzl.50039QTWf:ref ]
>
> Hello,
>
> Actually, it's quite the contrary. Seagate's only responsibility is for the drive. Any data you put on the drive is YOUR responsibility. Therefore, if it is a firmware issue, we will update the firmware. Once done, your drive will be accessible again.
>
> If however the drive cannot be made accessible by a firmware update, then regular data recovery will be necessary and that has and never will be free. Data has never been covered in the warranty. If a drive has a mechanical failure, then we will replace the drive. Again, the data is your responsibility and any data recovery will be at your cost.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dylan
> Seagate Technical Support
> Web: http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/
> Chat: http://www.seagate.com/staticfiles/support/chat/support...
> Europe Support:
> http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/about/contact_us/world...
> Asia Pacific Support: http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/about/contact_us/conta...
>

> ref:00D0hhzl.50039QTWf:ref
a b G Storage
July 8, 2010 4:15:59 AM

Unfortunately, that's generally how it works with such issues. Usually HDD makers take their sweet time or they are a bit swamped. Whatever the case is, it sounds like your drive will be alright or you'll get a new one out of it.
July 8, 2010 10:24:55 AM

buwish said:
Unfortunately, that's generally how it works with such issues. Usually HDD makers take their sweet time or they are a bit swamped. Whatever the case is, it sounds like your drive will be alright or you'll get a new one out of it.

:sarcastic:  SEAGATE and HDD makers warranty only covers a infinite part of the loss value associated with a disc break. So data recovery is what matters in warranty of storage. I´m not saying that SEAGATE will warrant the sucess of the recovery 100 %, but that they make the recovery wich is a responsabilitie very diferent.

Thank you for your comment!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 8, 2010 2:05:16 PM

Unfortunately your data is not their responsibility. Just the hardware/controller side of things.
I had sent two drives to western digital before and luckily paid for delivery confirmation. They never responded until I sent them emails. They never had received the drives but did sign for them when they were delivered. Anyway they finally sent me the drives but only because I had delivery confirmation.
August 14, 2010 11:50:10 AM

prelude2250 said:
Unfortunately your data is not their responsibility. Just the hardware/controller side of things.
I had sent two drives to western digital before and luckily paid for delivery confirmation. They never responded until I sent them emails. They never had received the drives but did sign for them when they were delivered. Anyway they finally sent me the drives but only because I had delivery confirmation.

Let's see what will be SEAGATE next step...The chances for me are vanishing...
!