Sign in with
Your question

Core 2 Quad Non-SLI Motherboard Recommendations

Last response: in Motherboards
May 26, 2009 1:33:17 PM

Hi, I Have A Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5 Ghz Processor And I Need A Great Motherboard To Go Along With It Cuz I'm Building A Gaming System. I Had Recently Bought A New Board 10 Days Ago (Gigabyte EP45T-UD3R), But That Turned Out Be Very Faulty (Even After A Replacement :fou:  ). Please Recommend Me A Good Board To Go Along With This Processor.
Please Keep In Mind, I'm Not An Average User, I Use It Mainly For Gaming.

Cheers. (This Is My first Post :pt1cable:  !YAY! )
May 26, 2009 2:10:41 PM

cyber-core_360 said:
Hi, I Have A Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5 Ghz Processor And I Need A Great Motherboard To Go Along With It Cuz I'm Building A Gaming System. I Had Recently Bought A New Board 10 Days Ago (Gigabyte EP45T-UD3R), But That Turned Out Be Very Faulty (Even After A Replacement :fou:  ). Please Recommend Me A Good Board To Go Along With This Processor.
Please Keep In Mind, I'm Not An Average User, I Use It Mainly For Gaming.

Cheers. (This Is My first Post :pt1cable:  !YAY! )

I have the Q9650 3.0 Ghz and I use the Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR and it works great, I have not had one problem with it. I have 8 gb RAM, and a gigabyte Radion HD 4890, and the Creative X-Fi Titanium sound card all installed great and work great with that board, and its was not bad for the price. Seems like I have not seen to many people with problems with this board either. All the other boards get their share of bad reviews.

First Post also I'm just starting to understand what I'm doing so that I dont sound like such an idiot when I post.
a b V Motherboard
May 26, 2009 3:56:02 PM

How much are you willing to spend?
Related resources
May 27, 2009 12:11:03 PM

Quote:

Around 170 $
May 27, 2009 7:27:40 PM

I have a similar forum post, I'm looking at the P5Q-em. it's a mini board but it has tonnes of features.

Don't take that as my recommendation as my forum post is still being answered
a b V Motherboard
May 28, 2009 12:49:40 AM

cyber-core_360 said:
Quote:

Around 170 $

Why do you want a non-Sli motherboard? You can easily get a very good SLi motherboard for your Core2Quad
May 28, 2009 7:28:55 AM

Bluescreendeath said:
Why do you want a non-Sli motherboard? You can easily get a very good SLi motherboard for your Core2Quad

Well I Have No Use For SLI At The Moment (Cuz I Have An XFX 9600 GSO 1.5 GB, Although I Know Its Not The Best. ) But Ill Think About It, Anyways Give me a Good SLI And Non-SLI Motherboard To go with my C2Q
!