GA-X58A-UD3R bios / cmos issues when overclocking

vexun11

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Ok I just tried something new, I wanted to see if I could get past 4.2ghz so I upped the voltage to 1.375 and went into windows, everything was fine, then I went to 1.4 and my system reset, so as usual I go and press the "clear cmos" button on the back of my motherboard and normally it clears it and I can change whatever to fix it, now it will not let me change anything, if everything isnt set to auto it will restart over and over until I press the reset cmos button, so I am stuck now, the system will reboot over and over unless I leave everything on auto, it's almost like my computer is upset and wont let me do anything to it to piss me off. Should I be worried? everything seems fine, like nothing has changed, other then my bios not letting me do anything anymore.. Do I physically need to reset the bios?

since I have had this system I have ran it safely, always keeping temps safe and never taking voltages up past 1.25 until recently I was testing my system to see what it could do so I am taking it up a notch, the highest ive set it to is 1.4V vcore and cpu/vtt 1.3.

Should I be worried?

Solution
Yep, you pissed her off, clean the case really good, clean all the dust out of the inside, talk really nice to her and buy some flowers and put them in a nice vase right next to her. :D

If that doesn't work you can try flashing a new BIOS.

RJR

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Yep, you pissed her off, clean the case really good, clean all the dust out of the inside, talk really nice to her and buy some flowers and put them in a nice vase right next to her. :D

If that doesn't work you can try flashing a new BIOS.

Solution