SimPE

Okay, I've seen you all talking about this program and I downloaded it. I
have absolutely no clue how to use it, how to find my sims to edit them.
This makes absolutely no sense to me at all and there are NO help files
whatsoever.

Is there a tutorial on how to use this somewhere? I've tried to open a
couple of files from my downloads folder and all I see is a bunch of
gibberish that I haven't a clue about what it means.

Jeanie
7 answers Last reply
More about simpe

    Look for tutorials at the modforsims2 forum.

    > Okay, I've seen you all talking about this program and I downloaded it. I
    > have absolutely no clue how to use it, how to find my sims to edit them.
    > This makes absolutely no sense to me at all and there are NO help files
    > whatsoever.
    >
    > Is there a tutorial on how to use this somewhere? I've tried to open a
    > couple of files from my downloads folder and all I see is a bunch of
    > gibberish that I haven't a clue about what it means.
    >
    > Jeanie

    > Okay, I've seen you all talking about this program and I downloaded it. I
    > have absolutely no clue how to use it, how to find my sims to edit them.
    > This makes absolutely no sense to me at all and there are NO help files
    > whatsoever.

    Make sure you download a recent version.

    All you need to do to edit a sim is run SimPE, then select "Neighborhood
    Broswer" from the plugin menu.

    Then pick the one you want.

    Once that is done, pick "Sim Browser" and after a moment you should see a
    screen popup with pics of all your sims. Just click on the pic of the sim
    you want to edit.

    Then you should get a screen which is fairly easy to figure out. Hit commit
    when done, then hit save from the file menu and, woop, you're done.

    Jeremy Reaban wrote:
    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >> Okay, I've seen you all talking about this program and I downloaded
    >> it. I have absolutely no clue how to use it, how to find my sims to
    >> edit them. This makes absolutely no sense to me at all and there are
    >> NO help files whatsoever.
    >
    > Make sure you download a recent version.
    >
    > All you need to do to edit a sim is run SimPE, then select
    > "Neighborhood Broswer" from the plugin menu.
    >
    > Then pick the one you want.
    >
    > Once that is done, pick "Sim Browser" and after a moment you should
    > see a screen popup with pics of all your sims. Just click on the pic
    > of the sim you want to edit.
    >
    > Then you should get a screen which is fairly easy to figure out. Hit
    > commit when done, then hit save from the file menu and, woop, you're
    > done.

    Thank you!

    Jeanie

    "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message

    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    > > Okay, I've seen you all talking about this program and I downloaded it.
    > > have absolutely no clue how to use it, how to find my sims to edit them.
    > > This makes absolutely no sense to me at all and there are NO help files
    > > whatsoever.
    >
    > Make sure you download a recent version.
    >
    > All you need to do to edit a sim is run SimPE, then select "Neighborhood
    > Broswer" from the plugin menu.
    >
    > Then pick the one you want.
    >
    > Once that is done, pick "Sim Browser" and after a moment you should see a
    > screen popup with pics of all your sims. Just click on the pic of the sim
    > you want to edit.
    >
    > Then you should get a screen which is fairly easy to figure out. Hit
    commit
    > when done, then hit save from the file menu and, woop, you're done.

    Speaking of SimPE, I'm hoping somebody can help me -- I'm trying to use it
    and having problems. I got it from sims.ambertation.de, and have been
    reading the tutorial there. It says to be sure I have the most recent
    version -- the one I have is 0.16.1868.3988, can anyone verify for me this
    is the most recent? If not, could someone please point me to the most
    recent version?

    Secondly, my problem is that only two of the many Sims I've created show up
    in the Sims Browser. I'm following the directions in the tutorial to use
    the Neighborhood Browser to select my neighborhood, then select the Sim
    Description to view the info on each Sim. All the pre-existing characters
    exist - Morty, Cassandra, Alexander, the Caliente sisters, the Dreamers,
    etc. but only the two of the Sims I've made show up here, and also only
    these two show up in the Sim Browser. Also, these two didn't show their
    correct relationship to each other (mother and child) and had no zodiac
    sign, no aspirations, no personality traits -- nothing but their names.

    I've read through the tutorial at sims.ambertation.de and browsed the SimPE
    tutorial thread at modthesims, but I'm not finding anything helpful other
    than to be sure I've got the most recent version.

    Any suggestions/advice/totally unrelated but funny stories/help would be
    appreciated.

    Thanks!

    --Poppy

    "Poppy" <aldermere@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    > > > Okay, I've seen you all talking about this program and I downloaded
    it.
    > > > have absolutely no clue how to use it, how to find my sims to edit
    them.
    > > > This makes absolutely no sense to me at all and there are NO help
    files
    > > > whatsoever.
    > >
    > > Make sure you download a recent version.
    > >
    > > All you need to do to edit a sim is run SimPE, then select "Neighborhood
    > > Broswer" from the plugin menu.
    > >
    > > Then pick the one you want.
    > >
    > > Once that is done, pick "Sim Browser" and after a moment you should see
    > > screen popup with pics of all your sims. Just click on the pic of the
    sim
    > > you want to edit.
    > >
    > > Then you should get a screen which is fairly easy to figure out. Hit
    > commit
    > > when done, then hit save from the file menu and, woop, you're done.
    > >

    > Speaking of SimPE, I'm hoping somebody can help me -- I'm trying to use it
    > and having problems. I got it from sims.ambertation.de, and have been
    > reading the tutorial there. It says to be sure I have the most recent
    > version -- the one I have is 0.16.1868.3988, can anyone verify for me this
    > is the most recent? If not, could someone please point me to the most
    > recent version?
    >
    > Secondly, my problem is that only two of the many Sims I've created show
    up
    > in the Sims Browser. I'm following the directions in the tutorial to use
    > the Neighborhood Browser to select my neighborhood, then select the Sim
    > Description to view the info on each Sim. All the pre-existing characters
    > exist - Morty, Cassandra, Alexander, the Caliente sisters, the Dreamers,
    > etc. but only the two of the Sims I've made show up here, and also only
    > these two show up in the Sim Browser. Also, these two didn't show their
    > correct relationship to each other (mother and child) and had no zodiac
    > sign, no aspirations, no personality traits -- nothing but their names.
    >
    > I've read through the tutorial at sims.ambertation.de and browsed the
    SimPE
    > tutorial thread at modthesims, but I'm not finding anything helpful other
    > than to be sure I've got the most recent version.
    >
    > Any suggestions/advice/totally unrelated but funny stories/help would be
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > --Poppy

    Hmmm, I just got version 0.15 today, and it is the latest.
    I got it at the simpe site too.

    0.16 is the latest. http://sims.ambertation.de/download.shtml .

    --
    Philipp Lucas
    phlucas@online-club.de

    Got it now thanks, but wow that was fast work as I swear I got 15 only this
    morning :)

    "Philipp Lucas" <phlucas@online-club.de> wrote in message
    > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:
    >
    > >"Poppy" <aldermere@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >> Speaking of SimPE, I'm hoping somebody can help me -- I'm trying to use
    it
    > >> and having problems. I got it from sims.ambertation.de, and have been
    > >> reading the tutorial there. It says to be sure I have the most recent
    > >> version -- the one I have is 0.16.1868.3988, can anyone verify for me
    this
    > >> is the most recent? If not, could someone please point me to the most
    > >> recent version?
    > >Hmmm, I just got version 0.15 today, and it is the latest.
    > >I got it at the simpe site too.
    >
    > 0.16 is the latest. http://sims.ambertation.de/download.shtml .
    >
    > --
    > Philipp Lucas