Okay, I've seen you all talking about this program and I downloaded it. I
have absolutely no clue how to use it, how to find my sims to edit them.
This makes absolutely no sense to me at all and there are NO help files
whatsoever.

Is there a tutorial on how to use this somewhere? I've tried to open a
couple of files from my downloads folder and all I see is a bunch of
gibberish that I haven't a clue about what it means.

Jeanie

Look for tutorials at the modforsims2 forum.

> Okay, I've seen you all talking about this program and I downloaded it. I
> have absolutely no clue how to use it, how to find my sims to edit them.
> This makes absolutely no sense to me at all and there are NO help files
> whatsoever.
>
> Is there a tutorial on how to use this somewhere? I've tried to open a
> couple of files from my downloads folder and all I see is a bunch of
> gibberish that I haven't a clue about what it means.
>
> Jeanie

> Okay, I've seen you all talking about this program and I downloaded it. I
> have absolutely no clue how to use it, how to find my sims to edit them.
> This makes absolutely no sense to me at all and there are NO help files
> whatsoever.

Make sure you download a recent version.

All you need to do to edit a sim is run SimPE, then select "Neighborhood
Broswer" from the plugin menu.

Then pick the one you want.

Once that is done, pick "Sim Browser" and after a moment you should see a
screen popup with pics of all your sims. Just click on the pic of the sim
you want to edit.

Then you should get a screen which is fairly easy to figure out. Hit commit
when done, then hit save from the file menu and, woop, you're done.

Jeremy Reaban wrote:
> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
>> Okay, I've seen you all talking about this program and I downloaded
>> it. I have absolutely no clue how to use it, how to find my sims to
>> edit them. This makes absolutely no sense to me at all and there are
>> NO help files whatsoever.
>
> Make sure you download a recent version.
>
> All you need to do to edit a sim is run SimPE, then select
> "Neighborhood Broswer" from the plugin menu.
>
> Then pick the one you want.
>
> Once that is done, pick "Sim Browser" and after a moment you should
> see a screen popup with pics of all your sims. Just click on the pic
> of the sim you want to edit.
>
> Then you should get a screen which is fairly easy to figure out. Hit
> commit when done, then hit save from the file menu and, woop, you're
> done.

Thank you!

Jeanie

POPPY

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004

"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message

> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
> > Okay, I've seen you all talking about this program and I downloaded it.
> > have absolutely no clue how to use it, how to find my sims to edit them.
> > This makes absolutely no sense to me at all and there are NO help files
> > whatsoever.
>
> Make sure you download a recent version.
>
> All you need to do to edit a sim is run SimPE, then select "Neighborhood
> Broswer" from the plugin menu.
>
> Then pick the one you want.
>
> Once that is done, pick "Sim Browser" and after a moment you should see a
> screen popup with pics of all your sims. Just click on the pic of the sim
> you want to edit.
>
> Then you should get a screen which is fairly easy to figure out. Hit
commit
> when done, then hit save from the file menu and, woop, you're done.

Speaking of SimPE, I'm hoping somebody can help me -- I'm trying to use it
and having problems. I got it from sims.ambertation.de, and have been
reading the tutorial there. It says to be sure I have the most recent
version -- the one I have is 0.16.1868.3988, can anyone verify for me this
is the most recent? If not, could someone please point me to the most
recent version?

Secondly, my problem is that only two of the many Sims I've created show up
in the Sims Browser. I'm following the directions in the tutorial to use
the Neighborhood Browser to select my neighborhood, then select the Sim
Description to view the info on each Sim. All the pre-existing characters
exist - Morty, Cassandra, Alexander, the Caliente sisters, the Dreamers,
etc. but only the two of the Sims I've made show up here, and also only
these two show up in the Sim Browser. Also, these two didn't show their
correct relationship to each other (mother and child) and had no zodiac
sign, no aspirations, no personality traits -- nothing but their names.

I've read through the tutorial at sims.ambertation.de and browsed the SimPE
tutorial thread at modthesims, but I'm not finding anything helpful other
than to be sure I've got the most recent version.

Any suggestions/advice/totally unrelated but funny stories/help would be
appreciated.

Thanks!

--Poppy

"Poppy" <aldermere@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
> > > Okay, I've seen you all talking about this program and I downloaded
it.
> > > have absolutely no clue how to use it, how to find my sims to edit
them.
> > > This makes absolutely no sense to me at all and there are NO help
files
> > > whatsoever.
> >
> > Make sure you download a recent version.
> >
> > All you need to do to edit a sim is run SimPE, then select "Neighborhood
> > Broswer" from the plugin menu.
> >
> > Then pick the one you want.
> >
> > Once that is done, pick "Sim Browser" and after a moment you should see
> > screen popup with pics of all your sims. Just click on the pic of the
sim
> > you want to edit.
> >
> > Then you should get a screen which is fairly easy to figure out. Hit
> commit
> > when done, then hit save from the file menu and, woop, you're done.
> >

> Speaking of SimPE, I'm hoping somebody can help me -- I'm trying to use it
> and having problems. I got it from sims.ambertation.de, and have been
> reading the tutorial there. It says to be sure I have the most recent
> version -- the one I have is 0.16.1868.3988, can anyone verify for me this
> is the most recent? If not, could someone please point me to the most
> recent version?
>
> Secondly, my problem is that only two of the many Sims I've created show
up
> in the Sims Browser. I'm following the directions in the tutorial to use
> the Neighborhood Browser to select my neighborhood, then select the Sim
> Description to view the info on each Sim. All the pre-existing characters
> exist - Morty, Cassandra, Alexander, the Caliente sisters, the Dreamers,
> etc. but only the two of the Sims I've made show up here, and also only
> these two show up in the Sim Browser. Also, these two didn't show their
> correct relationship to each other (mother and child) and had no zodiac
> sign, no aspirations, no personality traits -- nothing but their names.
>
> I've read through the tutorial at sims.ambertation.de and browsed the
SimPE
> tutorial thread at modthesims, but I'm not finding anything helpful other
> than to be sure I've got the most recent version.
>
> Any suggestions/advice/totally unrelated but funny stories/help would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Poppy

Hmmm, I just got version 0.15 today, and it is the latest.
I got it at the simpe site too.

0.16 is the latest. http://sims.ambertation.de/download.shtml .

--
Philipp Lucas
phlucas@online-club.de

Got it now thanks, but wow that was fast work as I swear I got 15 only this
morning :)

"Philipp Lucas" <phlucas@online-club.de> wrote in message
> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>
> >"Poppy" <aldermere@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> Speaking of SimPE, I'm hoping somebody can help me -- I'm trying to use
it
> >> and having problems. I got it from sims.ambertation.de, and have been
> >> reading the tutorial there. It says to be sure I have the most recent
> >> version -- the one I have is 0.16.1868.3988, can anyone verify for me
this
> >> is the most recent? If not, could someone please point me to the most
> >> recent version?
> >Hmmm, I just got version 0.15 today, and it is the latest.
> >I got it at the simpe site too.
>
> 0.16 is the latest. http://sims.ambertation.de/download.shtml .
>
> --
> Philipp Lucas