Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Is 41 degrees Celsius hot for an OC Phenom II 925?

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
June 23, 2010 9:08:43 PM

OK, so I am wondering/worrying about the CPU and video card temps, but this is purely about the CPU.

I have the following specs:

MSI790XT-G45 mobo
2GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR2 800
AMD Phenom II X4 925 2.8 GHz OC'd to 3.22 GHz
XFX ATI Radeon HD 5750 OC'd to 825/1225 (idles at 54 degrees Celsius)
Raidmax 550W PSU
Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black Gaming Edition case

Is 41 degrees Celsius a little warm for the X4 925, since it's only about 2 inches away from the graphics card? I have done a lot of computer work but am a noob when it comes to temps. Any and all replies are appreciated.

More about : degrees celsius hot phenom 925

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 23, 2010 10:08:32 PM

It's a tad on the warm side, but nothing to worry about, imo.
June 23, 2010 11:13:58 PM

OK, I did some testing with Borderlands and Modern Warfare 2, both max settings @ 1024x768 (tiny monitor) and it never goes past 52, so I'm OK? I thought I was messed up because my buddy with a similar setup (X4 955, 4gb of same DDR2 RAM, same mobo, different case, HIS 5750 gfx card) was averaging 37 degrees celsius on max load, so is it just the case? I don't have my front fan plugged in, but I probably should, huh?
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 23, 2010 11:15:09 PM

Pyroflea said:
It's a tad on the warm side, but nothing to worry about, imo.


O_o

That's COMPLETELY fine, not even on the warm side. People say 50-60 is fine.
37C on max load is almost impossible, so I wouldn't base it off that.

OP, yeah the more fans the better if you don't mind the small amount of extra noise =].
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 24, 2010 12:17:02 AM

redechelon said:
O_o

That's COMPLETELY fine, not even on the warm side. People say 50-60 is fine.
37C on max load is almost impossible, so I wouldn't base it off that.

OP, yeah the more fans the better if you don't mind the small amount of extra noise =].



I assumed he was talking about idle temps. If those are under load, then yes, that's running very cool.
June 24, 2010 3:18:05 AM

Yeah I screwed up there. I was looking at the benches while I was typing. I meant at idle. I have the 120mm front fan hooked up now (had to unplug the bright green case lights, what a shame (not)) and the temp dropped like 6 degrees on the gpu and 3 on the CPU. It's at 38 at idle now. I didn't have it on because it's the hard drive fan but since my mobo has only one IDE slot, and my current DVD burner combo AND Hard Drive are IDE, my Hard Drive is up top with the burner. But It helps and I can't hear it so it doesn't matter.

Let me clarify, the front fan should be sucking air in, and the rear fans should be blowing it out?

Thanks for the help, I have it running cooler now.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 24, 2010 4:10:16 AM

nihlius222 said:
Yeah I screwed up there. I was looking at the benches while I was typing. I meant at idle. I have the 120mm front fan hooked up now (had to unplug the bright green case lights, what a shame (not)) and the temp dropped like 6 degrees on the gpu and 3 on the CPU. It's at 38 at idle now. I didn't have it on because it's the hard drive fan but since my mobo has only one IDE slot, and my current DVD burner combo AND Hard Drive are IDE, my Hard Drive is up top with the burner. But It helps and I can't hear it so it doesn't matter.

Let me clarify, the front fan should be sucking air in, and the rear fans should be blowing it out?

Thanks for the help, I have it running cooler now.


Cool, glad it's all figured out.

Yeah generally, you want all of your front fans sucking in, and your rear and top fans (if they exist) blowing out.
!