Media Player does nor recognize .avi or .mpeg

May 26, 2004 11:52:57 PM

Hi,
I have an HP 5455 with Windows Mobile 2003.
Although I've used Media player to play mp3's I've not tried video files
until recently.
No matter what I do I can not get Media Player to recognize .avi's.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Anonymous
May 27, 2004 8:30:03 PM

"Bill M" <bmohar@cox.net> wrote in news:uGckbX5QEHA.628
@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

> Hi,
> I have an HP 5455 with Windows Mobile 2003.
> Although I've used Media player to play mp3's I've not tried video files
> until recently.
> No matter what I do I can not get Media Player to recognize .avi's.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,

As far as I am aware, Media Player has never been able to play avi's no
matter what os it was for. You need pocketdivx
Anonymous
May 27, 2004 11:35:24 PM

** Or Betaplayer, or Veo photo traveler software ;-)

Its true though, oddly enough, media player for PPC doesn't support
AVI format files.

Cheers - Neil

On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:30:03 GMT, "Ulric Van Bergen (UVB)"
<ithinknot@youwish.com> wrote:

>"Bill M" <bmohar@cox.net> wrote in news:uGckbX5QEHA.628
>@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:
>
>> Hi,
>> I have an HP 5455 with Windows Mobile 2003.
>> Although I've used Media player to play mp3's I've not tried video files
>> until recently.
>> No matter what I do I can not get Media Player to recognize .avi's.
>>
>> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>As far as I am aware, Media Player has never been able to play avi's no
>matter what os it was for. You need pocketdivx
May 30, 2004 8:31:02 AM

----- Bill M wrote: -----

Hi,
I have an HP 5455 with Windows Mobile 2003.
Although I've used Media player to play mp3's I've not tried video files
until recently.
No matter what I do I can not get Media Player to recognize .avi's.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Anonymous
May 31, 2004 12:16:56 AM

Get BetaPlayer- it's free and does many formats, AVI included.

http://corecodec.homeunix.org:8884/corecodecdotorg/

On Sun, 30 May 2004 04:31:02 -0700, yyy

> ----- Bill M wrote: -----
>
> Hi,
> I have an HP 5455 with Windows Mobile 2003.
> Although I've used Media player to play mp3's I've not tried video files
> until recently.
> No matter what I do I can not get Media Player to recognize .avi's.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,

James Kendrick
www.pocketpctools.com
.....using mobile devices since they weighed 30 lbs.
Anonymous
June 4, 2004 3:27:47 PM

So there's no way to download new codecs?

!