nmroadrunner56

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
I now own this mobo- MSI x58 pro, I cant take it back, it was a no return shop. I thought I had my research behind me when I got this motherboard. I went to a pc geek site. Got a list of what they felt would be a great pc build, and just followed the list.

I havent built a pc yet. I have replaced the power supply, graphics card, sound card, optical drive. Im not on the ground floor with the inside of the pc. But not any where near the advanced level either.

I was hoping to get better acquainted with a pc, with this build. I am a little more educated already, not quite the ed. I was looking for though.

Since then more information was found, and think I may have made a mistake purchasing it. It seems upon closer look, it is a little slow to boot, and it runs really hot on the northbridge. Also some have said that it has a lot of issues after it is installed. It isnt stable, and shuts off randomly and can continue to do that.

I have purchased the following components with the thought that I was going to use this mobo.

Intel core i7 920 quad-core socket LGA1366, 2.66ghz processor

G-skill 6gb (3x2gb) DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Memory

EVGA E-GEFORCE GTX 260 576MHZ 896MB Video card

Sunbeam PSU-HUSH680-us-bl-680w psu

Im not sure I want this mobo after all

Can someone recommend a different mobo, that will be compatible with the components that I have now?

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
the problem is you did not by an asus or gigabyte

i can understand an evga
but if you msi and you have issues - i am not suprised - i like msi and i like there video cards

but msi is lacking in the mobo and bios departement

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
want a great pc build just copy my builds on ebay or website (my site says gigabyte but we switched to asus) your research is bad - if it was good you would not be posting this

ebay the crappy mobo and get an asus p6

that psu is crap? you did research?

silverstone, antec, silverstone, antec == zero failures

subeam? is that a car? or a light?

sell that crappy psu on ebay and get real psu!

http://www.warpedsystems.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=17

do your research. famous quote:

"Don't be fooled by other sellers using inferior PSU's - the psu is the heart of your computer and it should be properly sized! This system includes minumim of 750w, email me if you need bigger and why???

module psu can be changed in 20 mins! antec 900 uses non-module"

o wait that was me!

seriously just copy:

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/warpedsystems

Siggy19

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
Finish the build. See how it all performs and then, if you are unhappy, you can think about how to improve it.

I am no expert, but from what I have heard the MSI X58 is an affordable but useable motherboard. The forums and review sites all have complaints of dead MBs or other problems from all sorts of vendors including Asus, Gigabyte and MSI, but that does not mean that you will have any problems.

In the perfect world, you will build the PC from scratch and everything will be perfect. However, if you actually want to learn something, you will learn more from making mistakes and working out how best to resolve them than you will from getting everything right at the first attempt.

So, do the build and see how it goes. You can always take it apart, replace the motherboard with another model and try again, if you decide it is necessary, but I suspect that you will be perfectly happy and that your fears will turn out to be groundless.

Good luck.

nmroadrunner56

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
I am interested in hearing more suggestions, thank you all for your input.

I would still like to know if there is a different mobo that would fit the other components that I have bought.
Thank you for all of your time.
j

nmroadrunner56

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/260048-28-mobo-problem#t1922606

I was the unfortunate one that bought this stuff.

You shot me an email and told me to let me know when I started a thread, this is it.
Thank you again for your candor.
J