XP home to XP Pro

April 20, 2004 11:42:51 AM

Hi Group,

I would like to go from XP Home to Pro. I have my harddrive partitioned (C
and D). The xp home is on D and all my programs are on C. Is there any way
of putting the XP Pro onto the D without losing everything. I seem to recall
that the last time I tried this, not only did the D drive get partitioned;
also the C, and I was REALLY surprised. :-)

Any good tips out there?

Thanks in advance

GL

More about : home pro

Anonymous
April 21, 2004 2:58:57 AM

"Geddy Lee" <nospam@for.me> wrote:

>I would like to go from XP Home to Pro. I have my harddrive partitioned (C
>and D). The xp home is on D and all my programs are on C. Is there any way
>of putting the XP Pro onto the D without losing everything. I seem to recall
>that the last time I tried this, not only did the D drive get partitioned;
>also the C, and I was REALLY surprised. :-)

You can use an Upgrade Version of Windows XP Professional Edition to
upgrade the Home Edition.

--
(tm)
!