Asus P5N-T Deluxe Vs. Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L

jester805

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2007
Hey guys-
I have a question about which motherboard might be better. I had an Asus P5B-E motherboard that I sent in for repair. They didn't have another one to give me so they upgraded me to the P5N-T Deluxe.

While my board was gone, I found a good deal on a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L. I bought it and have been using it until the new Asus showed up.

The reviews on the new Asus are not very good and the reviews on the Gigabyte are pretty good. I always considered Asus to be a pretty solid company who made good products.

Can I get any opinions on which board might perform better and be more stable? I do not do a lot of gaming...mostly just play Left 4 Dead. Other than that I use the internet, e-mail, listen to music, etc...

Here are my spec's:
E7200 (2.53 GHz) Core 2 Duo
Kingston HyperX 2 gig RAM
7800 GT Nvidia video card

Thanks in advance!

flyin15sec

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
Well, base on your usage, either motherboard would be fine. Since you don't need overclocking at all. Heck for what you are doing a $50 motherboard would work.

The P5N-T has a lot of enthusiast features, so if you don't need them like SLI, overclocking BIOS, motherboard cooling features, you can probably sell for a decent price if it's new. If it's a refurb, maybe less. I'd take Newegg reviews with a grain of salt, most negative reviews are just idiots who don't know what they are doing.

The Gigabyte EP45-UD3x line is good. I have the UD3P and it works well. Don't have any problems with it at all.

jester805

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2007
Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it.

I've got the P5N-T board in now and it seems to be just fine. I think it's running a little warmer than the Gigabyte board, but not a lot.

TRENDING THREADS