IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when running torrent app

Tags:
  • Chipsets
  • Torrent
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
May 27, 2009 11:22:23 PM

Hi all,

I recently installed windows 7 64-bit and since then whenever I attempt to run Azureus, Utorrent, or Bitcomet, I get a BSOD that says:

IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the computer restarts after about 2 seconds. I ONLY get this BSOD when I turn on any torrent application

After doing some research I found it could be driver related, I've since checked all drivers(only one that was outdated was the NIC, was 32-bit needed 64-bit). I thought the NIC driver would fix it, but it did not.

One alarming thing I found, and this might be normal I really don't know... is that I have about 80 different "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System" entries in my IRQ entries in device Manager. Is that normal?

Could this be an issue with mobo drivers? I'm having a hard time finding a driver that will work with this OS, the one posted here:

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Downloads/ProductsDeta...

Doesn't want to work, it just says "error loading driver" when I attempt to install it.

Please any help at all would be appreciated, I'm out of ideas. I'll supply whatever information is needed.

MOBO: ECS G31T-M
Video: Nvidia Geforce GTX 275
CPU: Intel E2655
RAM: 4gigs corsairs 1066

More about : irq equal running torrent app

May 28, 2009 12:18:19 AM

So I narrowed it down to my ram, I had recently bought 4 gigs of crucial memory to go with the 64-bit OS, and for whatever reason when I run torrents using this ram I get the above mentioned BSOD.

I put my corsair 2gigs back in and it's running torrents fine now, can anyone tell me why this would be? The 4 gigs of crucial RAM worked flawlessly on any other application, only torrent apps produced the BSOD.
a b V Motherboard
May 28, 2009 1:30:21 PM

Could be the way RAM is addressed in Windows, or by that particular app. Run memtest86 and test for memory errors.
Related resources
May 29, 2009 1:38:41 AM

Baustin612,

Did you download Windows 7RC directly from Microsoft or from a Torrent website? There are many problems with some releases available through torrent websites. Also, have you installed MOBO drivers certified for Windows Vista 64-bit? This could be a conflict as well.

For more information and a direct download link head on over to Microsoft Springboard.

http://tinyurl.com/832nco

Jessica
Microsoft TechNet / Springboard
May 29, 2009 3:42:34 PM

I was thinking it might be Mobo drivers as well, of which I can't seem to make work.

I downloaded the 64-bit version of my bios and chipset drivers, but on my ECS G31T-M I can't get the bios driver to install... it just errors out.

I downloaded ABC torrent and it's working perfectly fine with all 4 gigs, Utorrent and Azureus however give me the same BSOD in about 3-5 seconds of running with 4 gigs installed.

Very strange.
!