IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when running torrent app

Hi all,

I recently installed windows 7 64-bit and since then whenever I attempt to run Azureus, Utorrent, or Bitcomet, I get a BSOD that says:

IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the computer restarts after about 2 seconds. I ONLY get this BSOD when I turn on any torrent application

After doing some research I found it could be driver related, I've since checked all drivers(only one that was outdated was the NIC, was 32-bit needed 64-bit). I thought the NIC driver would fix it, but it did not.

One alarming thing I found, and this might be normal I really don't know... is that I have about 80 different "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System" entries in my IRQ entries in device Manager. Is that normal?

Could this be an issue with mobo drivers? I'm having a hard time finding a driver that will work with this OS, the one posted here:

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Downloads/ProductsDetail_Download.aspx?detailid=812&DetailName=Bios&DetailDesc=&CategoryID=1&MenuID=6&LanID=9

Doesn't want to work, it just says "error loading driver" when I attempt to install it.

Please any help at all would be appreciated, I'm out of ideas. I'll supply whatever information is needed.

MOBO: ECS G31T-M
Video: Nvidia Geforce GTX 275
CPU: Intel E2655
RAM: 4gigs corsairs 1066
4 answers Last reply
More about irq_not_less_or_equal running torrent
  1. So I narrowed it down to my ram, I had recently bought 4 gigs of crucial memory to go with the 64-bit OS, and for whatever reason when I run torrents using this ram I get the above mentioned BSOD.

I put my corsair 2gigs back in and it's running torrents fine now, can anyone tell me why this would be? The 4 gigs of crucial RAM worked flawlessly on any other application, only torrent apps produced the BSOD.
  2. Could be the way RAM is addressed in Windows, or by that particular app. Run memtest86 and test for memory errors.
  3. Baustin612,

Did you download Windows 7RC directly from Microsoft or from a Torrent website? There are many problems with some releases available through torrent websites. Also, have you installed MOBO drivers certified for Windows Vista 64-bit? This could be a conflict as well.

For more information and a direct download link head on over to Microsoft Springboard.

http://tinyurl.com/832nco

Jessica
    Microsoft TechNet / Springboard
  4. I was thinking it might be Mobo drivers as well, of which I can't seem to make work.

I downloaded the 64-bit version of my bios and chipset drivers, but on my ECS G31T-M I can't get the bios driver to install... it just errors out.

I downloaded ABC torrent and it's working perfectly fine with all 4 gigs, Utorrent and Azureus however give me the same BSOD in about 3-5 seconds of running with 4 gigs installed.

Very strange.
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets Torrent Motherboards