Help ASAP! Urgent

pmacdonald

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
My build progress has currently been at a standstill. I struggled getting the HSF hooked up but just had to use a little more muscle then I thought I'd have to.

I have put the standoffs in the case and they are matched up to the motherboard. When I put the case in the ONLY way for the motherboard to fit is when I push it with force against the IO panel and then its buldged out slightly.

The tabs are pointed inwards besides the network ones I bent up. The motherboard is the Gigabyte UD3P and I'm using that IO.

Please help ASAP!

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
Not quite sure what you are referring to.
By IO panel do you mean the motherboard connections for keyboard/mouse/USB area?

Pictures are always helpful

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
what bout it? that's where the IO shield is suppose to be. use the IO shield that came w/ur mobo and when you put it in your case, it should almost have a "snap" effect. it should fit perfectly and not hinder your mobo in anyway if you put it in correctly.

pmacdonald

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
It snapped in but the mobo won't fit without pushing it with force against the IO shield and pushing the IO shield out slightly.

pmacdonald

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
You can also the tabs by looking at the ports from an angle. It feels very flimsy. I took out the IO shield and the Mobo fit fine. I think its the tabs but I don't think they should get in the way..?

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
Are you using the IO shield that came with your motherboard or your case?

The one that comes with the case is a generic one that probably will not fit your motherboard. Make sure you are using the one that comes with the motherboard (line it up with the motherboard outside of the case to see that it fits).

pmacdonald

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
I already said I was using the correct IO Shield. The motherboard is currently screwed in place but when you look at the Ports on an angle you can see the tabs and there not all touching the motherboard....Is it supposed to be like that, does it matter?

arkaon

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Dude, If you have a camera and post some pictures. It would greatly help.

It sounds like you are saying there is some space between the back I/O plate and the connectors on the motherboard.

If thats the case, make sure the I/O plate isnt warped.

The next thing, and one people don't really think to try, is making sure your MOBO is seated in the straight down position.

Check and make sure the MOBO stands, all are screwed in going straight up and down. If the are all shifted, or a few of them are. Your MOBO might inadvertantly be pulling itself away from the rear plate, and thus causing the plate and ports to not seat all the way flush.

pmacdonald

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
I can't post pictures..............................................

That's what I'm saying. I also said the plate was bulging slightly out. The mobo IS seated in the straight down position.

Any ideas?

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
It doesn't matter if the tabs on the IO shield are bent or left in place or whatever. I just leave them alone as long as they aren't in the way when I try to plug something in.

Make sure there isn't an audio jack pushing out the panel or something like that. Sometimes they don't always line up exactly right.

What case did you get?
I got a CoolerMaster case once that had been "popped" out of alignment in shipping. Once I fixed it, the mobo lined up properly.
Check for an insert in one of the mobo jacks (like one of the optical ones) that may need to be removed first, or aligned better.

The case had been sufficiently torqued in shipping that it became misaligned. With your mobo out, sight down the seam lines in your case and make sure they are straight and even. If your problem is similar to mine, it will be visually apparent.
To fix mine, I just had to lift one edge of the metal along the back of the mobo tray, I think it "popped" over another seam or rivet, back into place. Again, this will be visually apparent if you're having the same kind of problem, if you look for it.

There was no way to tell from the box. In any case, I don't think it was damaged (permanently). It is in use now; I think that one became Triceratops, my Mom's PC. I gave it that name so she would again have a pet dinosaur.

r_manic

Administrator
There was no way to tell from the box. In any case, I don't think it was damaged (permanently). It is in use now; I think that one became Triceratops, my Mom's PC. I gave it that name so she would again have a pet dinosaur.

Hahaha, cute! Only I hope the dinosaur name isn't an indication of the system's specs :p

No. I think this was nearly two years ago. It's not a gamer. My mom just uses it for surfing, email, and occasional Photoshop Elements. It has an e4500 and 2GB of RAM on a 945 board with IGP.