Helltech

Distinguished
Is there any news on when a motherboard like this will be out? They were supposed to come out in March (as google results say), but they still havn't. I really want to get a new PC to game on this summer. I was hoping to have one before May.

I have a very old DDR1 ASUS board, so if I'm going to upgrade now I'm going all out for future upgrading. When I got my new board I was planning on getting a second 260 to compliment the one I have now.

Intel is out of the picture, I can't afford it (granted I would love to go Intel), and I STRONGLY dislike ATI. I'm sure their products are amazing, like everyone says, but every ATI card I have owned has crapped out on me.

-----

If they aren't making any soon, how "stupid" would it be to sell my 260 and pick up a 295, and just get a Crossfire Board.

Well, as only nforce boards support SLI apart from the intel X58, and since thats the newest series from NVIDIA, then I'd have to say no such mobo exists.

May I ask why dedicated AM3+ is such an issue?

Helltech

Distinguished
I KNOW one doesn't exsist. Did you even read the first sentence in my original post?

The reason I want AM3 is becuase it would rediculously stupid for someone like me who only wants to upgrade every 3-4 years to buy something that will need to upgraded before then. I'm not going to to go from 939 and DDR to AM2+/DDR2 (which is REALLY what those boards are), only to have to upgrade to AM3/DDR3 Q1 of next year.

If I'm going to upgrade now, I want the newest. Which right now, for some reason, only Intel is providing (with Nvidia). Which is understandable due to the fact that ati and amd are buttbuddies atm. I'd think they would at least have some release dates by NOW, but I'm guessing not due to the lack of posts.

I guess I might just get a 940 i7, but I really don't wish to.