Large watercooling plate

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Water Cooling
  • Surface
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
June 25, 2010 4:01:50 PM

I work in a microbiology lab (summer student), and a coworker asked me to assist him in finding a way of warming up a small work surface to 37C. We have water heaters and pumps we use for other applications, and I realized that if we were to get a cooling plate, and pump the water through that, it would be an effective way to get the heat away from the water, and onto our surface.

I was wondering if anybody knows of any watercooling plates that around 2"x3" give or take.

More about : large watercooling plate

June 25, 2010 5:51:49 PM

hmm I would recommend talking to [DD]Jerm at DangerDen. They do make custom blocks so they probably could make one for you.

-ouch1
m
l

Best solution

June 30, 2010 11:30:07 PM

jrhii said:
I work in a microbiology lab (summer student), and a coworker asked me to assist him in finding a way of warming up a small work surface to 37C. We have water heaters and pumps we use for other applications, and I realized that if we were to get a cooling plate, and pump the water through that, it would be an effective way to get the heat away from the water, and onto our surface.

I was wondering if anybody knows of any watercooling plates that around 2"x3" give or take.

Another idea would be to buy a small TEC that you could turn on and off as needed. People usually think of these for cooling, but remember, the flip side gets hot.
July 1, 2010 5:28:06 AM

Best answer selected by jrhii.
m
l
July 1, 2010 5:28:27 AM

That is a much more affordable solution too.
m
l
!