Backup Bios Checksum Error! In My EG45M-DS2H

wahlaker

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
My problem is: my pc boot normally, but affter of the bios boot screen i see other screen of the bios recovery,in this screen i read Warning: Backup Bios Checsum Error!
Bios Autorrecovering..............
Mi Mobo is Dual Bios..........
And reboot again and again.
Link: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2877

My Pc Spesifications;
CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E7400
Memorys: Crusial balitix Traces DDR2800 Mhz.
Mobo: Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H
PSU: Corsair Truepower OF 750W
Hds: 2Hd Western Digital Caviar Black620Gb in raid 0.

Help Please.
Note: My inglish is bad, im of Nicaragua.

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Power the PC off, then unplug it. Next remove the CMOS battery (looks like a huge watch battery), wait 5 minutes, then put it back in. Plug the PC in, and power it on. This should clear the error, if not you will need to re-flash the BIOS, or revert to a previous BIOS (can be done from the BIOS flash screen).

jrehner

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
It may be your ram--I am having a similar problem--I get Bios Rom Checksum error when I try and boot up and thought it was my mobo at first but then I pulled the crucial ballistix tracer ram sticks (1gb each) and tried them separately in the # 1 and #3 slots of my LT P35 DFI board. With one of the sticks I got proc, cpu and memory test showing OK in each slot and with the other I got the same checksum error message.... DFI says my ram in the one stick is definitely bad..... I got a Press Delete to enter Setup on the apparently good ram stick but my ps/2 board while flashing on the boot was inoperable when it got to the screen and so I could not enter setup. (now with the both sticks in with checksum error the ps/2 worked fine when I tried to flash the bios from a download at dfi to a floppy and then using this system disk to overcome the checksum error (no go tho).))