[TS2] Question about Sim Surgery

Hello!
This is my first post in this newsgroup and in english, so please
forgive me in advance ^^"
I was trying to change the face of a townie (Melissa something.. I've
forgotten her last name) 'cause she's ugly ^^" (I use SimPE 0.16)
I've opened Neighborhood browser, selected my custom neighborhood, then
opened Sim Surgery. I've selected this sim, clicked "use" in the Patient
box and then export, save etc.
Then I've used BodyShop to modify her ugly face, saved it and exited the
program. Returned in SimPE, same thing, in Sim Surgery I've used Melissa
as a Patient and the new Melissa as "Archetype Sim". I've checked the
"only face" box and clicked on "Surgery".
Is that all? Or I have to do something else?
I'm asking because when I'm done, SimPE opens the old Melissa "Sim
description editor", with the old ugly face and all.. so, I don't
understand if I've done something wrong.

Thanks,

CCL.

>I'm asking because when I'm done, SimPE opens the old Melissa "Sim
>description editor", with the old ugly face and all.. so, I don't
>understand if I've done something wrong.

Becuase at that point you have only updated the 3d model and not the 2d
thumbnail. Just commit the changes, save, exit SimPE and start the Sim
2. Your new Melissa will turn up and eventually the game will get round
to updating the thumbnail.

Were you formerly a Blizzard employee who went by the
handle Katricia? I only ask because she was often refered
to as the Crazy Cat Lady, and was even put in the game
from what I heard.

Jim Vieira <WhiplashrAT@wiDOT.rrDOT.com> wrote:

> Were you formerly a Blizzard employee who went by the
> handle Katricia? I only ask because she was often refered
> to as the Crazy Cat Lady, and was even put in the game
> from what I heard.

Uhm, no :)
The nickname come from Gilmore Girls :)

--
CCL

BombayMix <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote:

>> I'm asking because when I'm done, SimPE opens the old Melissa "Sim
>> description editor", with the old ugly face and all.. so, I don't
>> understand if I've done something wrong.

> Becuase at that point you have only updated the 3d model and not the
> 2d thumbnail. Just commit the changes, save, exit SimPE and start the
> Sim
> 2. Your new Melissa will turn up and eventually the game will get
> round to updating the thumbnail.

Sadly my game has decided to delete that neighborhood :( (but it was
still in the neighborhoods folder, it's weird). And after that every
other custom neighborhood i had created, except for one.
I think it has something to do with the skin. It was a different skin
for the other melissa, the not ugly one, but same colour. And I think
the skin is messy, because a couple of days ago I was creating another
sim in CAS and the damn thing didn't change the skin colour (and it was
from the same website).
Or maybe it wasn't meant to be.. anyway, thanks for your help. :)

--
CCL

TRENDING THREADS