xAPOCALYPSEx

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
Hello,
I just purchased a Zalman CNPS10x - performa after reading multiple reviews and charts. I plan to overclock when I get the cooler, and I am hoping for at least about 3.6gHz. Should this go about fine? Also, has anyone here had experience with the CNPS10x and can vouch for it? Any help here is appreciated, thanks.

xAPOCALYPSEx

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009

Actually I was just looking into it some more, and I found that 3.8 isn't exactly out of question for air coolers. Thanks for the input.

cmcghee358

Distinguished
For my chip 3.8GHz is really hard to achieve, could just be my chip isn't the greatest. But i's a C3 stepping 955. I can get to 3.7 with 1.4 vCore and 3.8 GHz isn't stable at 1.5 vCore.

But I can say that at stock vCore and stock cooling I could hit 3.6 GHz with a simple multiplier adjust and nothing else.

xAPOCALYPSEx

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009

I am just hoping for in the 3.6GHz range, but if I can achieve a stable 3.8 with any voltage under 1.5 with temps under 65C, then I'll go out of my way to (attempt to) achieve it. I guess I'll have to do a lot of experimenting, and I'll post back with my results once I get the cooler.

Also, thanks for your help.

xAPOCALYPSEx

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009

I actually got AS5 with the cooler. As far as I know though, IC Diamond is better, so thanks for the info! I'll probably attempt to get it

xAPOCALYPSEx

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
If anyone cares to listen to my experience (1 hr) of the Zalman CNPS10x Performa, read here:

Installation was a mess for me, took me way too long, but then again that was the first time having to remove the motherboard completely from the system. The installation manual was not totally understandable, so I was stuck for about 30 minutes on 1 part :pfff: . However, after successfully installing it into my case, and with Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste (still waiting on IC diamond 24), these are my results:

Running prime95 on "In-place Large FFT's" for 1 hour.

Ambient Temp: 20C

Stock Cooler
Idle: 31C
Load:65C

Zalman CNPS10X with Arctic Silver 5 (Run right after installation, no time to cure as of yet)
Idle: 25C
Load: 46C

That is pretty intense!

Now, I run C&Q right now, and I am at stock voltage/freq with the processor, but will now attempt to OC it to about 3.8 GHz. I will post back with my results

TRENDING THREADS