Big time slow down jerky

G

All of a sudden my graphics slow down to sometimes 30 fps,i think when there is smoke in the game its up and down between 80 and soemtimes averages 45, but never used to. It was always above 70. i even ran it with fraps wich did'nt even make it go past 45. i formatted my win Xp pro sp2. and i still got this problem, i also get a black screen sometimes when i restart through windows. i then have to click my restart button on my tower. i have done memory test aswell as change my graphics drivers and no improvment at all.i have a 7600 gs
can anyone please help me with theproblem..thanks

G

U see everything was running smooth all the time not 1 jerk, then all of a sudden it started running slow, i could see the frames in my battlefield 2 game change you get that line that runs from the top to the bottem. if i was to turn around fast it would stick the whole way around. i got dual core 8400 geforce 7600 gs 2 gigs ram 600 watt psu 160 gig hdd middle calss gigabyte motherboard.

G

lol...ya but i was playing with this card the whole time before things went wrong and it was running perfect without any jerks. it was full detail 1280x1024 resolution and was running more than 55 FPS.

billp2e

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
lol...ya but i was playing with this card the whole time before things went wrong and it was running perfect without any jerks. it was full detail 1280x1024 resolution and was running more than 55 FPS.

I've got a 7600GS in an HP w/3G Pentium and 1.5 Gig of RAM. I had a very jerky or jumping video on HULU or any other video player at full screen. This has been bothering me for a couple of months now and here is what I found just tonight.

If you go to the nVidia control panel, there are several setting that allow you to select 'application', 'game' or 'video player' setting. I set all these to 'my preferences' or 'nvidia' and I now have smooth video. Worked for me.