Sign in with
Your question

FSB:DRAM

Last response: in Overclocking
June 26, 2010 4:36:11 AM

Can having this ratio set improperly cause the audio in a video game to be out of sync? Whenever I overclock my cpu, I notice that the audio in-game is faster than normal and was wondering if this might be the source of my problem. If it isn't, could someone offer a suggestion on how to fix it?

More about : fsb dram

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 26, 2010 9:24:20 AM

I wouldn't think so, FSB : DRAM just changes the CPU speed to RAM speed ratio, I've never heard of that changing audio.
June 26, 2010 10:56:32 AM

What could cause that effect is the PCI bus being out of synch. If it is unlinked to your FSB (i.e. your FSB speed does not affect your PCI bus speed) then the data signals are likely not synchronous.

If your FSB and PCI buses are linked, then the problem should go away.

Check in the BIOS for an appropriate setting.
June 26, 2010 4:44:28 PM

Mugz said:
What could cause that effect is the PCI bus being out of synch. If it is unlinked to your FSB (i.e. your FSB speed does not affect your PCI bus speed) then the data signals are likely not synchronous.

If your FSB and PCI buses are linked, then the problem should go away.

Check in the BIOS for an appropriate setting.

I couldn't find an option to do so, possibly because I'm on a laptop. However, I did take a screenshot of CPU-Z when overclocking and the FSB speed does seem to affect the bus speed; unless this occurs even though they are unlinked.
Are there any other solutions?
!