slingerlandwilson@yahoo.ca
7 answers Last reply
More about lost documents folder
  1. mmm.. they may be hidden... try this
    Click on Tools
    Folder Options
    Click on View tab
    and check show hidden files..!
  2. Hi there... thanks so very much for your reply.

When I click on 'Tools' ... there is no 'Folder Options' to click on -

there's 'Internet Options' at the bottom... but I see nothing for 'Folder Options'

??

Thanks so much

Gladys
  3. slingerlandwilson said:
    Hi there... thanks so very much for your reply.

When I click on 'Tools' ... there is no 'Folder Options' to click on -

there's 'Internet Options' at the bottom... but I see nothing for 'Folder Options'

??

Thanks so much

Gladys

You are using your web browser, close it. Open an actual folder then go to Tools. Your may also be using a different profile, if your PC was shutting off, your profile could have become corrupt and Windows loaded a temporary one for you. Do a search on the hard-drive for your files.
  4. Look under C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents
  5. Thanks so much for your reply... but when I looked under that all I get is
    the My Documents Folder... which was somehow emptied completely when my computer shut off; in the 'My Pictures' folder...all that was left of my hundreds of
    pictures, most in folders, was the sample pictures!!

Thanks so much for the reply

Gladys
  6. Are your Favorites and other settings there? Background the same as it was before the shutdown?
    Did you do a search on the drive for the files?

You can run a file recovery program like Recuva, it does a good job at finding deleted files.
  7. Hi there....
    Yes, I ran the Recuva recovery program... not too sure what I am doing or what to look for but I don't see anything that appears to be what I am looking for. In the My Documents there was a folder named
    Glendhu IDS from Zip File

I assume that when I was using Recuva that I would have seen something to
    identify this folder; it was a huge folder - hundreds of individual listings in it; at one time it was stored in a ZIP file.. but when I unzipped it I put it in 'my documents' and named it Gendhu IDS from Zip File... but I sure can't find it lol

Thanks for the help

Gladys
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers My Documents Windows XP