Operating system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
I suggest you take the PC to a local tech for this, from the sound of your post you don't have much computer experience and the fix to this can easily make the PC not bootable.

The quick answer is you need to edit the boot.ini file, and either remove references to the second OS or set one as the primary and turn the time-out to 0. If you want to totally remove it from the drive, the best thing to do is to back up your files, and start a new XP setup after formatting the drive.
I suggest you take the PC to a local tech for this, from the sound of your post you don't have much computer experience and the fix to this can easily make the PC not bootable.

The quick answer is you need to edit the boot.ini file, and either remove references to the second OS or set one as the primary and turn the time-out to 0. If you want to totally remove it from the drive, the best thing to do is to back up your files, and start a new XP setup after formatting the drive.

Solution

bullabog

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
yes but how about the other os because my windows xp pro is working well.but the other os which is the xp home os is notsome data are lost.can i still remove the win xp home os how?pls help me.

bullabog

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011

:bounce: there is only one partition in my comp but with two os win xp pro and win xp home the win xp home is not working some data or file is lost i accidentally remove it. so can still remove the win xp home out of my comp HOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.