My first water cooling plan. Need feedback please

captainoats

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
I plan on water cooling my Q6600 rig on an Antec Twelve Hundred Case.

Here are the components.

Radiators:

MCR220-QP
Black Ice Pro II

Reservoir/Pump:

XSPC Dual Bay-Res Pump/Resrvoir Combo

NZL-L13KG - Swivel
NZL-V13KG - Compression

CPU Waterblock:

Swiftech Apogee GTZ Ultra

Stock Hold Down Plate

TUbing:

Tygon 3603 1/2" ID (3/4" OD) Clear Tubing
10ft.

Fluid:

Fluid XP+ HP UV Green or PrimoChill ICe

Set Up:

I Plan on mounting the Radiator on the back of the casing. Just over the two exhaust fans that are pre-installed on an antec twelve hundred. Vertical position with barbs at the top. Tubes then run through the bottom where the two tube holes are (Antec Given) .

Inlet tube from the RAD connects to the Outlet of the XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir and pump, which is mounted on the watercooling platform ( 2nd and 3rd drive bay from the top of the antec 1200)

Outlet of the GTZ CPU Block goes to the inlet of the Dual Bay Res.

Simple. But since its my first setup. Just need to double check.

Dual Bay Res has the option of a Koolance Compression fitting. Other Choice is the Koolance Swivel Compression (elbow like). I chose the regular compression 1/2"

Both the Swiftech GTZ CPU Block and the Swiftech Rad have multi fittings so Im assuming 1/2" is included. So No problem with that Rad. However If I do decide on using the Black Ice II, I plan on getting the FAt Boy Fitting 1/2". Is it possible for the Swiftech also to use the FATBOY Fitting. Not included in the options though.

All tubings will be backed up/secured with a Tube Clamp that supports tubes of ID 1/2" OD of 3/4". Maybe I will get some Worm Drive Clamps too.

The basics are out of the way, now I need to know how to drain everything. I havent checked for the switches or whatever they are.

Please shed some light on this. And where to position them. Also, on my setup i described above, Is the reservoir/pump okay at that position. Its almost in line with the Radiator. I heard that it should be positioned low. But as much as possible i dont wanna put stuff at the bottom coz my PSU lines are already taking up some space.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BTW, I need help picking out fans. Currently I have a Vendetta 2 using a ULTRA KAZE 3000rpm fan. Will it be good if I just bought another Ultra Kaze 3000rpm and use them on the RadS? either the Black ICe II or the Swiftech .

captainoats

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
Thanks. Im not sure how to move this thread but I went ahead and posted the exact one under that place.

To the Mods - Please delete this thread thanks.

TRENDING THREADS