Your question

Intel WX58BP Over Clocking

Last response: in Overclocking
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
June 27, 2010 4:26:59 AM

Hi All,

I was trying to build a budget I7 system i am planning to put I7930 with over clocking, it can easily run up-to 4Ghz as my initial Findings.

The Question is:
1. If i go for Intel WX58BP can i over clock using this mother board?(Does this mother board support Over clocking?)
2. What is the Max speed can I over clock using this mother board?

Hari

More about : intel wx58bp clocking

a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
June 27, 2010 6:20:44 AM

1.) Every retail motherboard most MoBo's from manufacturers [Dell, HP, etc.] have locked BIOS's) supports overclocking.

2.) It depends on too many things for us to give you a definitive answer. Every single CPU, even of the same model, will OC differently. It also depends on the CPU Cooler you decide to go with. Obviously it's recommended you get an aftermarket heatsink if you plan on doing any serious overclocking.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
June 29, 2010 5:20:12 AM

Thanks for the replay Pyroflea,

Assuming i am going to take care of the heating problem can i over clock using Intel Wx58BP i am not going with any branded PC I am going to hand pick each parts and build it myself.
Also if the Over clocking is locked in BIOS can i unlock that and also do i need to take care of some thing while buying the MoBo so that BIOS is not locked or over clocking is supported?

So Basically i want to know is there any limitation from the mother board side(Intel Wx58BP) on the over clocking.

This is one of the Cheapest MoBo in Market what i can find in my place.

Hari
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
June 29, 2010 6:00:56 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the replay Pyroflea,

Assuming i am going to take care of the heating problem can i over clock using Intel Wx58BP i am not going with any branded PC I am going to hand pick each parts and build it myself.
Also if the Over clocking is locked in BIOS can i unlock that and also do i need to take care of some thing while buying the MoBo so that BIOS is not locked or over clocking is supported?

So Basically i want to know is there any limitation from the mother board side(Intel Wx58BP) on the over clocking.

This is one of the Cheapest MoBo in Market what i can find in my place.

Hari

As long as you buy the Motherboard yourself, then you will have no issues. That's not really an enthusiast board, so you may not get the highest overclock that your CPU is capable of, but it should still overclock for you.
July 5, 2010 7:48:39 PM

Quote:
Hi All,

I was trying to build a budget I7 system i am planning to put I7930 with over clocking, it can easily run up-to 4Ghz as my initial Findings.

The Question is:
1. If i go for Intel WX58BP can i over clock using this mother board?(Does this mother board support Over clocking?)
2. What is the Max speed can I over clock using this mother board?

Hari

The WX58BP does not support overclocking. (There are no frequency adjustments exposed in the BIOS.)

!