USB Ports are not working

cobz

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
Ok so my problem is this. I recently installed software for my PS3 Sixaxis controller. I cant remember the name of it but it was a package software that installed all the drivers. I am not sure if this is the reason for my issue or not.

This morning when I come to turn on my PC, it loads all the way then I am on my desktop but I cant move my mouse or use my keyboard. None of my USB ports are working. I tried changing them around, booting without any in, turning my computer off completely and leaving it unplugged for a while. Nothing seems to work. The odd thing is, there is a light on my mouse (G7 wireless) receiver is on, my memory stick doesnt light up, my keyboard doesnt light up either. Even wierder still, my keyboard will work before windows start up. I can still press the del key to enter boot menu and I can control the keyboard to boot in safe mode (where the usb ports still dont work).

Im using my laptop to post now and I have no other options. No money for PCI USB slots so I was hoping for an alternative.

Cheers for any help you can give!