Sign in with
Your question

Help Oc Gateway 7809 fx laptop !

Last response: in Overclocking
June 27, 2010 10:23:43 AM

Hy all , i have a gateway 7809u fx laptop , this laptop just cannot get oc -ed , like they put something in it to stop the oc , in bios there are no features for oc , then i wanted just to try setfsb , i got a good pll "ICS9LPRS365BGLF" and when i try to modify the speeds , when i click "Set FSB" it jumps back to original state , No oc at all , it just jumps back to original clock speeds , how the hell can i oc this laptop x( , i want to oc the cpu " its a p8700 intel cpu " .
A little help ?

More about : gateway 7809 laptop

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 27, 2010 10:32:13 AM

I really don't suggest you overclock your laptop, it's a lot harder to control settings and can leave your system permanently unstable, not to mention how hot your P8700 will reach with stock laptop cooling.
June 27, 2010 11:33:17 AM

It isnt hot at all , it reaches 45-50 degrees , 50 maximum , in games max of 55 or 60 but it doesnt reach 60 ...
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 27, 2010 1:08:52 PM

Well.... Try running Prime 95 for an hour or two. LinX if you can be bothered. Besides, overclocking will drain battery life pretty badly, and mobile chips aren't designed to run at higher temperatures or voltages, and too high of either can kill your CPU. If you really want to overclock though, I'm not sure what you'd use, there are a few other Windows based o/c programs.
!