Just put comp together, start up trouble

kincade

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
I recently just put my computer together, everything but the RAM bc it didnt ship and i just received the RAM a couple hours ago, popped it in and started it up with the windows disc and it goes through the initial blue screen where it seems to be loading and going through stuff, then after thats done it goes to another blue screen telling me it had to shut down the installation bc there was a problem and it didnt want to damage my computer, it tells me to make sure there is sufficient hard drive space, or if it lists a driver to disable it and at the bottom it says "pci.sys - Address F748E0BF BASE AT F7487000 DATESTAMP 3b7d855c"

Comp Specs:
Gigbyte EP43-DS3L motherboard
Radeon HD4830 video card
4 gigs of ddr2 800 g-skill RAM
Intel E5200 Dual core Processor
250gb seagate barracuda 7200.10

kincade

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
I got past this, windows asks me what to partition so it can begin installation, i do that, it does it then it says your computer will restart in 15 seconds and take the installation from here, then it just does it all over again as if the previous start of the installation never took place. Can anyone help me out?!

kincade

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
It was just automatically booting from CD, like not saying "Press any key to boot from cd/dvd" it was saying "Booting from CD/dvd" im not sure why, but im giving it another shot, seeing if it will give me a choice, i will post right after unless anyone knows what im talking about, thx for the response!

kincade

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
Whats the exact boot order id want? Right now i believe its Floppy/HD/CD in that order, or maybe reverse the first two, i just know CD is 3rd, so how would i want it to give me an option to boot from CD or not boot from it at all? If there is a way

kincade

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
cripes, i just tried this, did the same thing, booted from cd, so i reset, did it with cd/hd did the same thing, reset it and then did hd/none/none and it STILL did "Booting from cd/dvd" and that was that, i have no clue what to do

alcattle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
boot with OS disk in, carefully read every option.

Is BIOS seeing the HD? Still not sure it did the format, as that should have lead to installing the OS

kincade

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007

I do boot with OS disk in, my bios sees the HD when its in IDE i think, but my HD is SATA so i set IDE to none which i read somewhere and it seems to recognize it, lets me install, then just buggers up again after i restart. One thing i dont get is my HD and DVD are both SATA so i take HD out of IDE and it seems good, i take DVD out of IDE and i get an error, i dont know if im explaining this right, im just geting really confused.

alcattle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
I know what you are saying. What option options are there to set the HD/DVD to, as I have read what to change it to but it might be different on yours.

kincade

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007

My HD/DVD are just in IDE the only thing i can do is take them off it, i cant find any SATA settings in my bios besides like SATA AHCI and SATA 0-3 port Native, i think they are called.

kincade

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007

Yeah ive tried it...all the same conclusion. It goes through first part of install, acts like its going to get to 2nd then starts again, when it goes to the second part it shows the drive as partitioned too, unlike initially, yet it stil just tries to do it all over again.

kincade

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
NvM i wasnt thinking, when i set it to that, it acts as if my DvD doesnt work or something i get "windows could not start bc of a computer disk hardware configuration problem" then something about not being able to read boot disk.