Plug and play device not working

Hello,Pluga nd play device MpKs19b929c7b is not working on my windows 7 . any advice
4 answers Last reply
More about plug play device working
  1. Need to know what hardware this is, that device number does not show up in a web search.
  2. You can check it against Microsoft's win 7 compatibility list.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/default.aspx
  3. Why is plug and play not working for USB devices on my windows 7
  4. teecee1942 said:
    Hello,Pluga nd play device MpKs19b929c7b is not working on my windows 7 . any advice

I know this is an old post, but it shows up at the top of google searches for this problem but I wanted to post my solution for others facing this problemn.

I had this problem, and it extended to ALL devices not just USB. The problem turned out to be that I had installed a half-arsed program that incorrectly modified the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DevicePath, which normally defaults to "%SystemRoot%\inf".

They tried to add their own directory to the path, but the fools rewrote the key as REG_SZ instead of REG_EXPAND_SZ, which is necessary whenever the string contains an environmental variable.

Every time installation of a new device was attempted, the following error would appear in C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log

dvi: Enumerating INFs from path list '%SystemRoot%\inf'
    inf: The path %SystemRoot%\inf\*.* is missing!

Consequently, NO device would plug an play, including any system devices one might uninstall to try and force a fresh install. Not knowing about the above bug, when I updated several drivers, my system blue screened because several system devices "disappeared", including the system drive.

Once I used the system recovery tool to install a restore point prior to the attempted driver upgrades and then figured out the problem, I deleted the old DevicePath key an made a new one with the correct data type and that fixed everything. (While I was at it, I set the DevicePath back to the default value and uninstalled the offending program.)
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Windows 7 Plug And Play Devices