Sign in with
Your question

Ahh

Last response: in CPUs
April 7, 2009 9:46:40 PM

Well, lately ive been playing Star Wars Galaxies, and during gameplay at random moments, my game minimizes. The game is still up and running though, just have to click on it to play, and it is really starting to get annoying and grinding my gears severely. :fou:  :cry:  :pt1cable:  i dont know if its some type of virus or ... ? someone pls help!

thank you ;) 

More about : ahh

April 7, 2009 10:19:02 PM

thanks for the help ...
April 7, 2009 10:32:22 PM

Well, youll get more help if you put a short description of your problem in the title rather than calling it 'Ahh'...
Related resources
April 8, 2009 12:39:06 AM

Are you bumping the Windows key? or possibly Alt + Tab at the same time?
April 8, 2009 12:42:08 AM

another thing is if you have multiple monitors going, on extended mode. If you were to scroll the mouse over to the 'other' monitor while playing and click , i had the same thing happen before.
April 8, 2009 9:30:58 PM

its only one monitor, and im not accidentally bumping the keys, just randomly minimizes
a c 172 à CPUs
April 8, 2009 10:21:19 PM

erops1231 said:
Well, lately ive been playing Star Wars Galaxies, and during gameplay at random moments, my game minimizes.

Don't play Star Wars Galaxies. :D 

Seriously, the only time something like that happens to me is when the OS either brings a background process forward or starts something in the foreground. Games generally run full screen and their only other choice is run mimimumized on the task bar.
a b à CPUs
April 9, 2009 4:01:26 AM

did you install a hp printer recently? I swear HP printer drivers did that to my friends PC and WoW. Oh and try disabling your antivirus
a b à CPUs
April 9, 2009 6:09:54 PM

B-Unit said:
Well, youll get more help if you put a short description of your problem in the title rather than calling it 'Ahh'...

But - he got you, me and several others to click on his thread :D  .

OP: I suggest you see what processes are running via Task Manager - as somebody said, could be your AV software. F'rinstance, my TrendMicro loves to show me how busy it is, usually at inopportune times, by popping up with it's scanner, despite my setting it to run at 3AM and with no messages, or some such. Sort of a marketing gimmick I guess, probably because the license is due to expire and this is a cheap if annoying way for TrendMicro to remind me of how useful and wonderful and busy it is and that I should spend another $99 for a 3-year license renewal right now instead of finishing the current level of whatever game I'm playing, esp. because I took my eye off the baddies and now my character is lying in a pool of blood with his brains oozing out and it's been a long time since I saved the game anyway. Yep, that's sure to make me spend lots of money on an upgrade. NOT! :) 

Oops, sorry for the rant... :) 
April 9, 2009 6:17:46 PM

Sounds like your Trend Micro might be a virus heheh
a b à CPUs
April 9, 2009 9:59:57 PM

JAYDEEJOHN said:
Sounds like your Trend Micro might be a virus heheh

A lot of us suspect the AV companies actually produce a lot of the viruses (virii ?) going around, so as to stay in business :) .

Anyway, TM is better than Norton's IMHO, or Mc-Cough-up-a-Fee. Both of those were resource pigs last time I tried them. I'm gonna try Microsoft's Onecare next, since it cleaned out a couple of virus-laden laptops in one go when TM and AVG free failed numerous times.

Personally I have never gotten a virus, but between my brother, his wife, my wife & my daughter, I've had far too much recent experience.

MS is also supposed to come out with a free AV package named Morro I believe, later this year.

So either MS will have uncanny insight into the weaknesses of their OS's and be able to protect them well, or a large blind spot and fail miserably :) . But, given my sample size of two, I tend to favor the first scenario.
April 9, 2009 11:08:45 PM

Well then, after hearing this, I just may be heading that way, to morro :o 
a b à CPUs
April 10, 2009 10:47:46 PM

JAYDEEJOHN said:
Well then, after hearing this, I just may be heading that way, to morro :o 

Oooh, I thought my puns were bad... LOL!
!