OverClocking my CPU

A few specs:
2g RAM
Genuine Intel(R) CPU 2160 @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs)
350w Power Supplier
Windows XP

Well im getting Radeon 5670HD 512mb this week, and with that cpu it wont work that good,
so i want to overclock it... (the cpu)
what are the risks of overclocking, and where can i find a TRUSTED guide for it?

thx

btw i got a foxconn motherboard, and i think i need to unlock it to be able to overclock...
6 answers Last reply
More about overclocking
  1. This topic has been moved from the section Graphics & Displays to section Overclocking by Mousemonkey
  2. overclocking risks overheating, system failure/instability. If you dont screw up you can have no consequences. Although you do need an aftermarket cooler. Good Luck!!!
  3. Go up slowly stay within limits and test with prime95 for at least 8 hours.
  4. You cant unlock a mobo unless you can get virus free custom bios. Not going to happen. Was this bought from a computer manufacturer? IE dell,sony,hp.
  5. idk...
    but i saw a lot of guides on how to overclock,
    but i cant find those options in my bios
  6. Gigabyte, Asus, Asrock, MSI, DFI and a few others make credible overclocker motherboards.

If you have a motherboard that has no option for OCing in the BIOS, you can get software overclock utilities - which are as reliable as they want to be i.e. not very.

Your only safe option would be to drop a bundle on a decent overclocking motherboard.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking