If you have an Intel based mobo (X58 or P55), then yes on ACHI to get the most out of the SSD.

How'd it go, noticed this post is 3 days old. Did it go okay?

But, you have to do it before installing the OS. Actually, there is a registry tweak, but I don't know what it is. If you change the SATA setting to ACHI from IDE after OS install, you have to re-install the OS.

jamesr10962

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009

Thanks very much for your reply. I have an amd cpu/ Gigabyte board. I was experiencing slow boot times even after I went to (msconfig) start menu and "deselected" all but three programs.
Six weeks ago I installed an intel 25-m 80g ssd and it`s booting much slower now. I dont have a lot of crap on it and it made me curious as to why this is happening.. Sorry to bore you with all that lol. Thanks again for your help

Chances are that since you have an AMD CPU, the chipset is NVidia, which doesn't support ACHI.

That's ok, and I think TRIM is still supported, as it is part of WIndows 7. Here is a link to check if TRIM is running: SSD Support....

Download the "Intel Toolbox Utility" and run it. This should "clean up" the SSD.

Hese is a good read: The SSD Review

Myself, I didn't do any of these tweaks, except moving my pagefile to a HDD. But I have 6GB of RAM, so I never use it.

You're not the first to say that your Intel SSD is running slow on a AMD platform. Maybe something is there...