Sign in with
Your question

Plalit GTX295 HDMI ??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 6, 2009 8:23:34 AM

Hi,

Ive got the Palit GTX 295 in my i7 system and have bought a $100 HDMI cable.
I plug everything up from my card to the screen but when i go into the screen HDMI
selection it says no signal.

Do i need to do something to get it to work?

More about : plalit gtx295 hdmi

February 6, 2009 8:14:00 PM

What is everything? If you have both HDMI and DVI cables hooked up to the same source at the same time without fixing your settings then that's likely what's wrong. Do you get a signal when you try either of the DVI connections or HDMI exclusively?

P.S. Save some cash and return that cable ASAP if you can. Monoprice.com is your friend.
February 6, 2009 8:30:26 PM

i still don't understand why people buy $100 digital cables, thinking it will make a difference. digital is digital is digital is digital......My $4 HDMI cables work just as well as an $80 cable i tested with....
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 6, 2009 10:00:15 PM

I have tried the HDMI cable by itself, but the message on the screen said no connection or input or something, anyway it wont work
February 7, 2009 3:52:11 AM

My ZOTAC GTX295 have the same problem. An editor of expreview.com told me that the two cards he tested have this problem, too. It seems all GTX295s' HDMI port isn't available.
March 31, 2009 2:11:31 AM

That is not true.

I have a GTX295 in my i7 system and it works beautifully. I would recommend opening up the configuration software for your card (right click on the desktop and select the NVIDIA settings) and go to the tab that is marked TV on the left. Connect your HDMI cable to the TV and then select the HDMI option in the drop-down box. You may have to reboot for the image to display on the TV.

A couple of things to keep in mind...

1. The HDMI port is not active until the PC is booted all the way up. It is only meant to be for a secondary monitor/TV.

2. There is no point to using the HDMI to your TV unless you want to take advantage of the lossless audio present on the HDMI cable (assuming that you installed the S/PDIF cable from the card to the motherboard) in which case you should be running it to a NEWER surround sound receiver.

If you are running the video straight to your TV, don't bother with the HDMI unless you don't have a DVI port on your TV. If you do have DVI on your TV, USE IT! This will allow you to view the boot menus, bios, etc. A lot of people don't realize that even though DVI is an older technology than HDMI, it provides the exact same resolution and quality as HDMI. If you want audio to your TV instead of a separate surround sound system, just use one of the various outputs from your sound card. The lossless audio (Dolby True HD) will not make a difference if you are playing it on about 98% of the TVs present in peoples homes today. On top of that, it still won't be present unless you are running a newer Blu-Ray drive in your PC that also supports one of the lossless audio formats. Blu-Ray is the only video format currently available that contains lossless audio.

Hope this helps.
a b U Graphics card
March 31, 2009 12:22:37 PM

cohbra said:
That is not true.

I have a GTX295 in my i7 system and it works beautifully. I would recommend opening up the configuration software for your card (right click on the desktop and select the NVIDIA settings) and go to the tab that is marked TV on the left. Connect your HDMI cable to the TV and then select the HDMI option in the drop-down box. You may have to reboot for the image to display on the TV.

A couple of things to keep in mind...

1. The HDMI port is not active until the PC is booted all the way up. It is only meant to be for a secondary monitor/TV.

2. There is no point to using the HDMI to your TV unless you want to take advantage of the lossless audio present on the HDMI cable (assuming that you installed the S/PDIF cable from the card to the motherboard) in which case you should be running it to a NEWER surround sound receiver.

If you are running the video straight to your TV, don't bother with the HDMI unless you don't have a DVI port on your TV. If you do have DVI on your TV, USE IT! This will allow you to view the boot menus, bios, etc. A lot of people don't realize that even though DVI is an older technology than HDMI, it provides the exact same resolution and quality as HDMI. If you want audio to your TV instead of a separate surround sound system, just use one of the various outputs from your sound card. The lossless audio (Dolby True HD) will not make a difference if you are playing it on about 98% of the TVs present in peoples homes today. On top of that, it still won't be present unless you are running a newer Blu-Ray drive in your PC that also supports one of the lossless audio formats. Blu-Ray is the only video format currently available that contains lossless audio.

Hope this helps.

QFT. Everything he says is right on the money.
!