Sign in with
Your question

Extrem CPU temps

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
April 8, 2009 11:43:14 AM

Hey,

for some reason my cpu temp is very high. SpeedFan 4.37 reports that the temps go between: 93-100C in idle. Somehow I have a hard time believing this. The fan is running at normal speed and it doesn't matter if I remove the sicecover either. Still the same temps. I'm using a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz and MSI P35 NEO2 motherboard. What can be wrong and how can I fix it. I get low fps in games and my guess is that the core speed gets reduced so much to prevent the cpu from getting destroyed. Any help will be appreciated. :non: 

More about : extrem cpu temps

April 8, 2009 12:15:07 PM

celia1 said:
Hey,

for some reason my cpu temp is very high. SpeedFan 4.37 reports that the temps go between: 93-100C in idle. Somehow I have a hard time believing this. The fan is running at normal speed and it doesn't matter if I remove the sicecover either. Still the same temps. I'm using a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz and MSI P35 NEO2 motherboard. What can be wrong and how can I fix it. I get low fps in games and my guess is that the core speed gets reduced so much to prevent the cpu from getting destroyed. Any help will be appreciated. :non: 

:o  Check your CPU FAN pins, they must be properly fix in mobo. if it is ok, then change thermal paste which is present in b/w ur CPU and FAN.

Use REAL TEMP or Core Temp to countercheck ur CPU Temp's.
!