How do I get sound drivers for my Dell Dimension 5150

Hi all,
Would really appreciate some help with this. I had to get a new hardrive as mine was completely ruined and the pc would not work anymore. And since getting a new hardrive I've had no sound working. It won't work on windows Media Player or iTunes. My computer is a Dell Dimension 5150 and I'd really like it if someone could tell me how I can overcome this problem as quickly & as easily as possible.
Oh & yes the speakers are plugged in!
Many thanks :)
4 answers Last reply
More about sound drivers dell dimension 5150
  1. Whats your mobo? Once we know that, we can figure out what onboard sound device you have, and can point you to the relevent drivers.
  2. If this is a new unit why don't you call tech support?
  3. Have you tried installing the driver for your sound card? A link to the specific audio drivers for a Dimension 5150 is below.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&ServiceTag=&SystemID=DIMENSION%205150/E510&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=
  4. I imagine the PC doesn't have a sound card. But the site listed by jeff75 should give the correct drivers. You simply need to choose the appropriate options from the drop down menus.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Drivers Dimension Dell