Sign in with
Your question
Solved

GigaByte GA-P55A-UD3 overclocking?

Last response: in Overclocking
June 28, 2010 7:17:08 PM

Hello!

i was wondering, does the bios on a GigaByte GA-P55A-UD3 allow for over clocking?

im using an i5 750!

so does the GigaByte GA-P55A-UD3 bios support good overclocking?

i want to overclock to at least 3.2 GHz but i want to go to 4.0 GHz.

PLEASE reply!
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
June 28, 2010 8:58:33 PM

Yes, it does support overclocking. It should get you a decent OC.
June 28, 2010 11:08:19 PM

Pyroflea said:
Yes, it does support overclocking. It should get you a decent OC.

How much do you think i could overclock it to??

maybe 4.0 GHz?
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
June 28, 2010 11:52:15 PM

Do you have a aftermarket cooler ? The chip has all sorts of potential. Stock it turbo's up to 3.2.
June 29, 2010 12:00:41 AM

notty22 said:
Do you have a aftermarket cooler ? The chip has all sorts of potential. Stock it turbo's up to 3.2.

i will have an Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan, will i be able to do it with this?

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
June 29, 2010 1:56:25 AM

You will have some fun :)  A member has a youtube video, with a Gigabyte p55 board , he o/c's his 750 step by step. I recommend watching as many video's tutorials like these as you can. So you can pick up, with more understanding what does what. I will look for link.
How To OverClock An Intel i5 750 Quad Core (@3675.03Ghz) with all Gigabyte Motherboards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsk5iocFlgg

Intel Core i5 P55 Overclocking Tutorial Part 1 (NCIX Tech Tips #48)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6zANFlYEDM&playnext_fro...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llqhe3N1cJA&playnext_fro...
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
June 29, 2010 4:28:18 AM

Hey notty, I must have missed it in the video's, what does VTT voltage do? How about PLL voltage, must have missed that one too? How about when should I lower the voltages and which ones or are you supposed to just leave it at 1.4v vcore, like in the one video? How about temps? Is it OK to run my i5 at 99c like in the last video? Is it good for a noob to follow these morons on the video's?
June 29, 2010 2:20:03 PM

RJR said:
Hey notty, I must have missed it in the video's, what does VTT voltage do? How about PLL voltage, must have missed that one too? How about when should I lower the voltages and which ones or are you supposed to just leave it at 1.4v vcore, like in the one video? How about temps? Is it OK to run my i5 at 99c like in the last video? Is it good for a noob to follow these morons on the video's?

I AM NOT A NOOB!!! ok, lol i am...
June 29, 2010 3:10:48 PM

And is the gigabyte p55 ud4p as good?
a b K Overclocking
June 29, 2010 7:19:27 PM

RJR said:

Well chime in and offer some advice. Its easy to , point out whats wrong. Does every post need a lawyer disclaimer, I said to read and watch many sources, did you miss that part ? There will never be 1 perfect source to get your information, because there will always be someone waiting to tell you whats wrong.
June 30, 2010 2:29:06 PM

Best answer selected by yogman.
!