M3a79t deluxe xp issues

HolyCowImAnoOb

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
I'm running a asus m3a79t deluxe mb with a 3gh 940 BE phenom 2, 2x1gb kingston hyper x 1066 and a 730 power supply.. When i install windows xp i get the blue screen of death even before i even get to format the hard drives. Its so frustrating..

Can anyone give me advice on how to get xp installed on my system? Or what i need to do to get rid of that blue screen??

HolyCowImAnoOb

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
my ram is running at 2.2v, i did set it manually, still recieve the screen.. although my pc runs perfectly on vista and windows 7, i want xp..

i bought everything just over a week ago, and i had to take it to the supplier for a bios update.. seeing as the MB doesnt support my cpu without it.. im going to see if theres a new bios update available..

maybe that'l fix the problem..

any other thoughts guys??

dur_trix

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
Look under the BIOS for the setting called "SRAT table" or something close to that then change it, I think on defualt its enabled just change to something else and check if that works, because on my system if i change that im unable to load any 64-bit based OS so change that setting to something different and see.

To be honest ASUS let me down a lot with this board, thinking of going and spending my money else where thjis time

TRENDING THREADS