How to connect two monitors?

punkinator

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
Sorry for posting in this section as I could not find a monitor section...

I have a monitor which takes up both DVI and VGA on the graphics card. I thought that one may be optional which it isnt =].

I am able to plug directly into the motherboard right, because the VGA on the monitor is blocked with a piece of plastic that says
"Do Not Remove" Why is this here? So what I want to know is if I can take a monitor that has only VGA and plug it into the motherboards VGA or will i have to buy one of those adapters, and also why is that piece of plastic there stopping me from plugging it in? I looked in the case and there is a VGA connector there.

Thanks

punkinator

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
Oh ok...well when I pull one out the screen goes black and when I pull the other one out the screen also goes black to I need to restart the computer or something?

theAnimal

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009

What make and model is the monitor?

punkinator

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
I disconnected the VGA out of the Samsung and plugged it into the other monitor(Acer), The acer worked and the Samsung didn't...

theAnimal

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009

Try pressing the Source button on the Samsung. (Set it to DVI or Digital)

punkinator

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
My internet has been out =[.

When pressing the Source button the screen goes black then digital appears then it changes to analog then the screen comes back up. So I'm guessing this means the DVI isn't getting anything. Ok so this means it's either the monitor the cord or the graphics card, I am getting a new Graphics card soon, so what do you think it is? I guess it will be the graphics card Once I get my new one I can then see thanks =].