Windows Media Player 8 and pocket pc problem with sound

June 5, 2004 9:14:54 PM

i have a winows media player 9 on my ppc and a windows media 8 on my
desktop. I have just move an asf file to the pocket pc. On the desktop
this file plays audio and video. On the ppc this file only plays
video. What has happened to the sound and what can I do about it?
Anonymous
June 6, 2004 4:08:49 PM

On your desktop player, if you choose File->Properties, can you retype
and post the codecs used by the file ? (Normally something like
'windows media audio 9 professional' and '225kbps video blah blah)

It might help me to reproduce the problem. Not all codecs are
supported on the pocket player due to memory constraints ;-)

Cheers - Neil

!