Redundant new hardware detection after upgrade from Window..

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Hardware
  • Keyboards
  • Windows XP
April 20, 2004 3:44:52 PM

After I upgraded from Windows XP Home to XP pro, whenever I log-in, the
system keeps informing me on the notification area of the taskbar that it
has found a new hardware (keyboard) and a dialogue box automatically opens
up asking me directory where PS2.bat file is located for the keyboard. I
cancel out of this and everything works fine including the keyboard. I also
tried searching for PS2.bat file, which is to be found nowhere in my C:
drive.

Since, I don't need to re-install driver for the keyboard, how could I
prevent system to from detecting the new hardware (keyboard) and prevent the
above dialogue from re-appearing?

I have a HP computer with wireless keyboard and wireless mouse.

Regards,
Srini Iyer

More about : redundant hardware detection upgrade window

Anonymous
April 20, 2004 8:46:27 PM

Rt click MyComputer>Select Prop>Hardware>Device Manager>Keyboards>rt click
on yours and select Uninstall. Restart and let WinXP reinstall it.

!