Redundant new hardware detection after upgrade from Window..

After I upgraded from Windows XP Home to XP pro, whenever I log-in, the
system keeps informing me on the notification area of the taskbar that it
has found a new hardware (keyboard) and a dialogue box automatically opens
up asking me directory where PS2.bat file is located for the keyboard. I
cancel out of this and everything works fine including the keyboard. I also
tried searching for PS2.bat file, which is to be found nowhere in my C:
drive.

Since, I don't need to re-install driver for the keyboard, how could I
prevent system to from detecting the new hardware (keyboard) and prevent the
above dialogue from re-appearing?

I have a HP computer with wireless keyboard and wireless mouse.

Regards,
Srini Iyer
1 answer Last reply
More about redundant hardware detection upgrade window

    Rt click MyComputer>Select Prop>Hardware>Device Manager>Keyboards>rt click
    on yours and select Uninstall. Restart and let WinXP reinstall it.
    "Srini Iyer" <siyer@crateandbarrel.com> wrote in message
    > After I upgraded from Windows XP Home to XP pro, whenever I log-in, the
    > system keeps informing me on the notification area of the taskbar that it
    > has found a new hardware (keyboard) and a dialogue box automatically opens
    > up asking me directory where PS2.bat file is located for the keyboard. I
    > cancel out of this and everything works fine including the keyboard. I
    also
    > tried searching for PS2.bat file, which is to be found nowhere in my C:
    > drive.
    >
    > Since, I don't need to re-install driver for the keyboard, how could I
    > prevent system to from detecting the new hardware (keyboard) and prevent
    the
    > above dialogue from re-appearing?
    >
    > I have a HP computer with wireless keyboard and wireless mouse.
    >

    > Regards,
    > Srini Iyer

Configuration Hardware Keyboards Windows XP