Replacing my hard drive with a new larger drive. Currentlly running Windows 7 Pro-64bit and the older drive has several partitions. Do I have the following steps correct?
1) Create a system repair disc
2) Create a system image of the "reserve" and "C:\" partitions on an external/network drive
3) Install the new hard drive
4) Use the system repair disc to restore the image onto the new drive
5) Connect the older drive as secondary
6) Transfer other files to the new primary drive as needed/wanted
The older drive may end up in a different build for the family.
I would image each Os/ Partition and load them individually, If the OS does not have the function to create a partition through installation because its an application and not a OS... then create all your partitions again once you have windows installed and configured.. I did this and it worked well.. I used partition magic to partition my drive, and used Roxio to image them all..