Artifacts on Crysis

consid3r

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Hi

I'm running nVidia's 177.79 drivers for my 9800GTX+ playing Crysis on all high (Core i7 920 + DDR3 ram is keeping my FPS at 24-36, which looks amazing on crysis but not so good on CS lol).

For some reason, I keep getting strange artifacts and flashing lights in certain parts of the jungle in the first level. The picture I'm about to upload shows artifacts which keep flashing on my screen. They change shape and appear in different parts ont he screen, depending on where I am and where I'm looking.

Artifacts-1.jpg

xxcoop42xx

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
if you overclocked back down a little. usually artifacting happens when the memory clock is too high so lower the core/shader/memory clocks by 10mhz each until it stops happening

First thing check your temperatures; 70-80C for the GPU and a little less for the i7 or less under heavy load would be about normal.
Patch the game.
Update your drivers; 181.22 is the latest WHQL certified release for your card.
Let us know what happens

Hazel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
I get the exact same kinds of artifacts in Crysis and Crysis Warhead. Have you been able to resolve this issue?

Hazel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009

That's a shame... I have the same card and get the same thing. It wasn't bad with Crysis so I just did the same as you, toughed it out. But with Warhead it was so much worse... especially in the mine level.

Here is a link to a topic I made about it in another forum if you want to see how much worse it gets: http://www.hardwareforums.com/what-do-you-guys-make-these-strange-artifacts-25193/#post146543

It is pretty much impossible to ignore that. :sweat:

One question: did you try anything with Nvidia's system tools? Like increasing the fan speed of the GPU or anything? I just downloaded it from their website and noticed that the factory setting for the GPU fan was only at 8%.

consid3r

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
I have done nothing to customize the settings (since it runs everything just fine, otherwise). Only crysis does this and based on your similar issue, I can only assume that the crytek engine/video engine has some conflict with the nVidia drivers...email your link to nvidia. you can provide them with info, if they ask. I don't have warhead so...yeah.

Sorry, I can't really help you here ...haha. Oh well, Crysis wasn't that fun to me anyways. CoD4 and CS: S are still my favourite FPSs