Sign in with
Your question

Data recovery on seagate hard drive

Last response: in Storage
July 13, 2010 12:20:59 AM

I bought a seagate external hard drive about 4yrs ago. I came bck home this weekend to open some document that I had saved on it, unfortunately. Cldnt open it, the drive seem to be faulty. - Is there a solution to this in order to retrieve bck all my life work that was stored, even now that it showing blank.

Thanks
July 22, 2010 2:55:13 AM

I had a similar issue with a newer seagate freeagent go model. I believe it was caused by a corrupter partition table / file index, something along those lines.

I resolved it by doing a check disk in the command line on the external volume. Make sure to use /F option to fix errors and /R to recover bad sectors.

It's been almost a week since you posted but I hope this helps.
m
l
October 28, 2011 5:50:57 AM

Wow, you've just come to the right place for rescuing your data.

You are lucky since there are many data recovery tools that are available on the market for such problem.

This guide http://www.geeksdo.com/data-recovery/ helped me when my memory card had problem reading files.

There are urgent tips you should do and step by step guide to restore files from your drive.

Seagate hard disk is no different than other storage device like usb drive, flash drive, memory card when it comes to data recovery.

Good luck.
m
l
Related resources
November 27, 2011 12:12:29 PM

The real solution: Seagate Data Recovery - both PC and Mac OS X are covered. Also before you act you should you should immediately STOP using the external hard disk and keep it safe from any physical damage. Regards.
m
l
March 27, 2014 4:19:04 PM

I'm having the same issue, and I found the solution after some research, you need to download a seagate data recovery software from http://goo.gl/VuKfmu

use the Seagate recovery program to scan and recover data from seagate hard drive.
m
l
March 27, 2014 7:49:35 PM

Thank you for all useful information.
All these answers helped me a lot when my hard drive was accidentally deleted. And, finally, I have rescued all my wanted drive data with data recovery tool like:
freeware-fix.blogspot.com/2013/02/external-hard-disk-recovery.html
Thanks very much!!
m
l
March 28, 2014 9:37:05 PM

Hello, welcome to tomshardware. You can recover your files by using recovery tool. You can find a lot of freeware on the internet such as 4Card Recovery. But be careful, make sure your original data is not changed. You'd better do not put anything new on the hard drive before your files fully retrieved. Otherwise it will be very very hard to recover it, and you may loss it forever.
m
l
!