How do I close doors?

The front door to my Sim's apartment has been open ever since he had
trouble walking past the pizza delivery girl (because the balcony in
front of the door was too narrow). Now the door stays open all the
time; he never closes it. I can't delete and recreate the door because
the game says that the door is "in use." How can I fix this?

"Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The front door to my Sim's apartment has been open ever since he had
> trouble walking past the pizza delivery girl (because the balcony in
> front of the door was too narrow). Now the door stays open all the
> time; he never closes it. I can't delete and recreate the door because
> the game says that the door is "in use." How can I fix this?
>
> --
Yes, that is a pest. The only way I have discovered to solve this is to
cheat.
Use MoveObjects on, delete the door and rebuild it.

If there is a logical way for the Sims to get the door closed I have yet to
find it.

Granny.

Mxsmanic wrote:

> The front door to my Sim's apartment has been open ever
> since he had trouble walking past the pizza delivery girl
> (because the balcony in front of the door was too
> narrow). Now the door stays open all the time; he never
> closes it. I can't delete and recreate the door because
> the game says that the door is "in use." How can I fix
> this?

Use the "move objects on" cheat, delete the door and buy a new
one.

T.

"Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> Yes, that is a pest. The only way I have discovered to solve this is to
> cheat.
> Use MoveObjects on, delete the door and rebuild it.
>
> If there is a logical way for the Sims to get the door closed I have yet to
> find it.

Thanks (to you and Taemon).

Is there a specific situation that causes the door to get stuck like

> "Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> writes:
>
>> Yes, that is a pest. The only way I have discovered to solve this is to
>> cheat.
>> Use MoveObjects on, delete the door and rebuild it.
>>
>> If there is a logical way for the Sims to get the door closed I have yet
>> find it.
>
> Thanks (to you and Taemon).
>
> Is there a specific situation that causes the door to get stuck like
> this?

I interrupted a Sim action... ohhh... I think it was as simple as stopping
them from doing one thing and telling them do another, and that was enough
to keep the back door stuck on open.
But I am not sure.

I have a packaged house, after i booted the Sims out, that has two doors
stuck open. I have never managed to get them closed in the game.

Granny CApple

Mxsmanic wrote:
> The front door to my Sim's apartment has been open ever since he had
> trouble walking past the pizza delivery girl (because the balcony in
> front of the door was too narrow). Now the door stays open all the
> time; he never closes it. I can't delete and recreate the door because
> the game says that the door is "in use." How can I fix this?

Also check and make sure there aren't lights in the ceiling directly on
either side of the door - i've discovered this causes them to get stuck
as well (but i didn't notice the game telling me the door was in use - i
always have moveobjects on, though)

~Lerren

Mxsmanic wrote:
> The front door to my Sim's apartment has been open ever since he had
> trouble walking past the pizza delivery girl (because the balcony in
> front of the door was too narrow). Now the door stays open all the
> time; he never closes it. I can't delete and recreate the door
> because the game says that the door is "in use." How can I fix this?

Have you tried just deleting the wall the door is in? Then rebuild it and
put in a new door. Or use the moveobjects on cheat to move the one you've
got.

Jeanie

Jeanie writes:

> Have you tried just deleting the wall the door is in? Then rebuild it and
> put in a new door. Or use the moveobjects on cheat to move the one you've
> got.

I've tried removing and replacing the door with moveobjects on, but the
new door has the same problem. Someone said something about having a
ceiling light near the door, so I'm going to look into that as well.

Sometimes, if I just click on the door, it often closes. Weird.

deb