Can I go wrong with either case?

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Sorry. I know I, prodding (I think i spelled it right) and it's not like I'm looking for the answer that I'm looking for (lol). Can I go wrong with either case? The CM HAF932 or Thermaltake Armor +

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010090007%201054808289%201295819209&StoreType=-1&CompareItemList=N82E16811119160%2cN82E16811133056&page=5&bop=And

I love the Thermaltake but then the bottom 3.5 cages kind of make me wonder, if I go crossfire or even with one card and a sound card, will I run into trouble. (Even though the case is huge) WHat are your thoughts?

I probably will just have a 300GB Veloci Raptor instead of a 1TB WD Black SATA II

Im probably going to order late tonite. What are your thoughts on either cases?

emperor77

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
I have had bad experiences with thermal take cases!Their build quality on some cases are not up to scratch. I would rather take the haf932. Only problem is that it collects alot of dust as it does not have any dust filters

I've got the HAF, and wouldnt trade it. It's got great cooling, accessable front panel, and the fans are SILENT. The only thing I would say about the HAF that's mildly bad, it's HUGE. If you have the space for it, it's the perfect case.

I bought the CoolerMaster HAF 932 last August. It is a huge case with lots of extra room for components. Multiple video cards, hard drives, and a sound card will definitely fit inside the case. No problem.

emperor77 - Dust filters for pc fans are very cheap, readily available, and easy to install. On the other hand, have you thought of eliminating or at least minimizing the dust in the room where the pc is located?

One problem with dust filters, is they get clogged with the dust. You still have to clean them out. If you don't it kills your airflow. It's not too hard to get a can of duster and take the tower outside and blow it out.

ausch30

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
I have had a lot of cases and I have to say that for the money Cooler Master makes outstanding cases. It's all about the little things and Cooler Master pays attention to the details so I would absolutely suggest the HAF. If you wanted to spend a little more you might look into a Lian Li or Silverstone but in the $100 - $150 range Cooler Master is the best.

Both cases are good and you made a good choice with the cooler master. Of the two I would have preferred the Thermaltake myself. Then again if I was willing spend $200 on a case I'd go with a Black Cosmos. Anyway always make sure to blow the dust out of your case every few months with some compressed air. All cases get dust, but with a case like the HAF, it's best to keep your computer area as clean as possible.

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Thanx. I thought the Thermaltake was really nice and had a slide out mobo tray but I saw and heard the the HAF is so huge that there is so much space where the motherboard is. One thing that I was questioning was the 3.5" HDD "cages" on the bottom of the case that it might be an issue with the mobo. I couldnt believe that the Thermaltake case is over 30 lbs also lol. Then again, the HAF is no lightweight either. I saw the Lian Li's and Silverstones but I figure to get the best case (either the Thermaltake or CM which seems to have soooo many votes between them). I have an Aerocool for my present case and the amount of dust it collects is freaking crazy! I have a few cans of Air Dust sitting near it lol.

Also, Im listening to way the consensus says lol. Last time I didnt listen and this case was not as good as what I hoped. Everyone says, HAF932, so this time I went with it lol.

*Thanx for the advice*