How do I encourage Sims to get dressed?

How do I keep my Sims from walking around in pyjamas or underwear all
day? Sometimes they walk around the house in underwear, which I suppose
is fine, but then they go to get the mail in underwear, or they even
greet visitors in underwear and conduct parties that way. The fact that
they are shy Sims doesn't seem to make any difference. What do I have
to do?

Mxsmanic wrote:

> How do I keep my Sims from walking around in pyjamas or
> underwear all day?

Buy a dresser and have them "change to everyday". Alternatively,
have them take a shower. They always dress in everyday clothers
after showering.

T.

Mxsmanic <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> wrote:

>How do I keep my Sims from walking around in pyjamas or underwear all
>day? Sometimes they walk around the house in underwear, which I suppose
>is fine, but then they go to get the mail in underwear, or they even
>greet visitors in underwear and conduct parties that way. The fact that
>they are shy Sims doesn't seem to make any difference. What do I have
>to do?

You have to buy a dresser. Then, click on the dresser and you get the
option what kind of clothes to put on (normal, formal, work, special
etc.). If you are too short on money to buy a dresser, just send them
into the shower for a few seconds.

--
Philipp Lucas
phlucas@online-club.de

"Philipp Lucas" <phlucas@online-club.de> wrote in message
> Mxsmanic <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> wrote:

If you are too short on money to buy a dresser, just send them
> into the shower for a few seconds.

Giggle.

GCA - sorry, it just struck me as funny. Doorbell goes 'ding-dong!' and the
Sim leaps into the shower.

Philipp Lucas writes:

> You have to buy a dresser. Then, click on the dresser and you get the
> option what kind of clothes to put on (normal, formal, work, special
> etc.). If you are too short on money to buy a dresser, just send them
> into the shower for a few seconds.

Will they eventually learn to do this on their own, or do I have to
direct them to get dressed every time?

"Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Philipp Lucas writes:
>
>> You have to buy a dresser. Then, click on the dresser and you get the
>> option what kind of clothes to put on (normal, formal, work, special
>> etc.). If you are too short on money to buy a dresser, just send them
>> into the shower for a few seconds.
>
> Will they eventually learn to do this on their own, or do I have to
> direct them to get dressed every time?

You have tell the dear, sweet things every time.
There are people in here who will tell you that their Sims learn to behave.
I think they are telling porkies. ;)

Granny.

"Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> You have tell the dear, sweet things every time.
> There are people in here who will tell you that their Sims learn to
> behave.
> I think they are telling porkies. ;)

I'm not telling a porkie when I say that my Sims do learn what bed is
theirs. They do walk around in their underwear and pyjamas all day though
and have shown no sign of learning to go to the dresser on their own.

Gareeth

Granny Crabapple wrote:

> You have tell the dear, sweet things every time.
> There are people in here who will tell you that their Sims learn to behave.
> I think they are telling porkies. ;)

I haven't seen any evidence a Sim "learns to behave." I still have my
oldest Sims--Mortimer Goth, for example, who I've been playing longer in
the same house with no changes than any other Sim--sleeping in the kid's
bed, or in what used to be Cassandra's bed, rather than his own.

--
--Cuth

> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>
>> You have tell the dear, sweet things every time.
>> There are people in here who will tell you that their Sims learn to
>> behave.
>> I think they are telling porkies. ;)
>
> I haven't seen any evidence a Sim "learns to behave." I still have my
> oldest Sims--Mortimer Goth, for example, who I've been playing longer in
> the same house with no changes than any other Sim--sleeping in the kid's
> bed, or in what used to be Cassandra's bed, rather than his own.
>
> --
There you go, This is just what I have found. I think it is a case of the
closest bed serves.
When I did the Gnome Squad, I had eight nice little beds in eight nice,
though basic, little cubicles but made the mistake of putting the door at
the far end of the hut, next to the ablutions.
Every night there were fights over the first couple of beds.
I made another door and moved the bogs to the middle.

GCA

> "Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
> message news:Y8LPd.13580$8B3.9262@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>

>> You have tell the dear, sweet things every time.
>> There are people in here who will tell you that their Sims learn to
>> behave.
>> I think they are telling porkies. ;)
>>
> I'm not telling a porkie when I say that my Sims do learn what bed is
> theirs.

Ooooo. <innocence> Now who mentioned anything about beds???
Oh, I did, didn;t I, elsewhere? 8)

As you were......

Granny.

Although my Nina Caliente learnt to make the bed and then go to the shower
and the toilet every morning by herself. I only noticed that she'd do the
cycle on her own after she retired as I would leave her to her own devices
while managing the younger Sims who had buses and carpool to make. She'd
wake up and do her morning routine everytime.

MM